Richard Keys "City blow a fortune"

Agree with quite a lot of what he said tbh particularly about the money wasted. Apart from fernandinho and to an extent demichelis no player has improved our starting 11 since we first on the league under Mancini.
The thing I don't understand about people saying this, is they seem to be comparing our team now to our team then, to suggest money has been spent badly. Surely that's a complete nonsense, unless we have a time machine or some kind of device that stops players ageing? Surely you have to judge or team now to what our team would be like if we still had the players we had then? Otherwise it doesn't make any sense, as most of the money we've spent has been on replacing players who've gotten too old or have turned to shit. It's not just a matter or spending money to improve a team, you have to spend a lot of money to just try and stay at the same level.

I'd take our current squad over the 11/12 squad as they are now, every day of the week and I imagine most people would if they actually sat down and looked at the current level of most of those players who've left us from that squad.

Yes as recorded at the end of the 2013/14 season.

Maybe the players should have called themselves "the unfortunates" lol. Rodwell was unlucky with injuries but Macini left an injured Micah on the pitch that exacerbated a knee injury.

We have an image problem when it comes to English players that sunk further with Trippier's transfer to Spurs. The Club are trying to address this now.

What we cannot allow to happen is the media be allowed to dictate anything to this club because we aren't in it for the good of England or anyone else, we are there for ourselves. Whether we have a full team of English players should not matter because we are there to win football matches. Personally I couldn't care less, I really don't think we should be ransomed into buying expensive, overrated English players like Sterling when there is far better out there on the continent. Do the media think Barcelona and Real Madrid would put a Spanish player ahead of a better foreign player, would they hell and that is why they bought Suarez to lead their line instead of Negredo. It's a fine argument when you have exceptional talent like Iniesta to choose from because no matter where they came from it is a no brainer but in England we haven't got that luxury.

Everyone says Southampton are too the perfect example, they aren't. Spurs are also supposed to be the perfect example despite only producing one half good player in Kane who is again probably a one season wonder as far as I can see. Crucially though, neither of those clubs have won anything of note recently and one of them was in the league below a few years ago! There is no such thing as a perfect club with all English players because at this level there are not enough good English players around at the minute to even warrant a place in a top European side.

Not a single English player was playing beyond the Round of 16 in last year's Champions League and England itself did not progress beyond the group stages in the 2014 World Cup. What else needs saying, the media needs to take off their xenophobic specs and admit that we are an average footballing nation with a fantastic Premier League thanks to FOREIGN PLAYERS.

Out of interest, where are the articles about Chelsea being in the same position and about how they've hideously mismanaged? By my count, they only have John Terry, Gary Cahill and Cesc Fabregas as homegrown players

The fact that a home-grown quota is imposed on clubs is kind of a giveaway that, left to their own devices, none of the top clubs would choose to have more than 1 or 2 English players (if that). No English player would get in a World XI right now, and maybe not even in a World-100.

The clubs with the most English players in their teams last season were the likes of Burnley and Villa. The ones with the fewest were the likes of Chelsea and City. I think that says it all.

Out of interest, where are the articles about Chelsea being in the same position and about how they've hideously mismanaged? By my count, they only have John Terry, Gary Cahill and Cesc Fabregas as homegrown players

I think getting 50 mil for Sideshow Bob is a "get out of being criticised for mismanagement card" good for about 10 years, to be honest. But I agree that in general they have been mismanaged as far as player moves.

I wonder why the media do not relentlessly beat on them for choosing to keep Oscar and sell their probably best player to one of Liverpool and Tottenham's direct rivals, for example. Or buying Salah, rarely using him, and then sending him off where he proceeded to tear up his league.

Or in getting rid of de Bruyne, for that matter. If we offloaded someone to Germany and then 18 months later the Chavs splunk 45 mil on the guy you can best believe there would be no end to how much we got to hear of it from the likes of Keys. And as well from people with IQs measured in the triple digits.

Fact is, is that he just isn't right. For instance, he pointed out that we favour Fernando over milner, that's why he's fucked off...but truth of the matter is, that we offered jimmy an improved contract but it simply didn't suit him, for whatever reason so he's moved on.

Tbh, I thought the article was a wind up for the fist few lines but then I realised that this nob was being deadly serious.

Dear Richard
Im posting this from my apartment in Tampa Bay but dont have a picture of the view for you to enjoy.

So the sacking of Mancini has cost us a title or two?
He's been gone 2 years and we have won one title since then.

The other thing is City should stand firm with their valuation of Sterling and actually lower it each week! Liverpool have spent many many millions. City should say ''take XX amount or fuck off'' and watch them shit themselves when they realise they need to get the money back from the summer spending spree. Then when they pick the phone up.... reduce the offer....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.