Richards overlooked for Martin Kelly

mansour's tow ropes said:
to all those using the 'youngster' argument, kelly is 22. richards is 23.

richards has 1 more years experience but 146 more league appearances.

do the mathS

Edited

Could it be that Richards is a shoe in for the GB team for the Olympics and this is the main reason he isnt being called into the squad. So he can rest up and then play for GB under Pearce. Isnt it 23 and under for the Olympic squad and I think Richards may well get to play at the Olympics after missing out on the Euros. Just guessing as to why he hasnt been called up and Pearce knows him and what he can do.

Its really strange how Richards keeps getting overlooked. Everyone wanks over walker but I don't think he is a patch on Micah.

leighton said:
Could it be that Richards is a shoe in for the GB team for the Olympics and this is the main reason he isnt being called into the squad. So he can rest up and then play for GB under Pearce. Isnt it 23 and under for the Olympic squad and I think Richards may well get to play at the Olympics after missing out on the Euros. Just guessing as to why he hasnt been called up and Pearce knows him and what he can do.

I was also thinking this but surely the euro's is the priority as opposed to the mickey mouse football at the olympics. Stupid decision to exclude him as he's comfortably the best all round right back in the prem nevermind in england.

I don't get this reason where they wouldn't pick him because if he plays well then it'll make Hodgeson look stupid. If I was a manager i'd want exactly that, bring in Richards and keep the other RB's on their toes.

It really is incredible how he isn't first choice anyway but to be behind Martin Kelly is the biggest pisstake going. Even my mates who are United fans say he should be first choice.

...he looks like Balotelli but he doesn't wear a hat,
He doesn't play for England because....

I don't need a reason to not watch the Euros this year. But if I did then this would help immensely. It's not about ambition, expectations or even tactics. It's about desire and deservedness. Overlooking Micah is bizarre, but also deeply insulting.

But not surprising. We have an overbearing ex-captian just waiting to do some bird after the Euros, a whining star striker who is only even allowed to play one game and be in the squad because we humiliatingly begged and pleaded for a reduction in his punishment, and then pointed out the financial gains no doubt, and a general emphasis on rewarding not the desrving, not the very core of the famous 'English' spirit, but instead the old boys and in crowd who will have a jolly good time there not making our country proud.

I will be embarrased if we pick up that trophy. Terry, Rooney... whatever happened to giving it a good honest go? Getting Rooney off was akin to going down in the area like Ashley Young. Thanks FA, now the Germans, French and Italians can all see what snidey little cheats England are, even before we start the tournament.

Apologies to several players, incluing Joe, Joleon, James and Gareth, plus several others at other clubs. They are certainly not in my thinking when writing this. But tell me, is it fair that Crouch, or Holt, even Zamora, regardless of talent, is it fair that they miss out because we got Rooney off a 3 game ban by cheating the system?

To me, if you're amongst the best in your profession, and show the right attitude, you should be in. But it's not even that with Micah. Physically he's our best right back - faster than Glen Johnson, stronger than Jones or Smalling, and attacking wise he's literally changed Man City's transfer policy away from looking at Brazil's first choice RB, Maicon, last summer to being content with what we have. Micah can't do much more. He's played well when England called him up, and started in over half of the games this season for his league side, who won the league. He's played in the Champions League this year too, big game experience in bucket loads.

Kelly isn't ready for this, but maybe that's just it - Roy is looking to make him part of his squad for the future, and has already excluded Micah from his thoughts. If so, what a fool. Likes of Robben, Ribery and Ben Arfa will target him if he plays. Hell, maybe Roy has a plan but I don't like the way he goes about it. Deserving players should get a chance. I thought that would change too under Roy. Apparently not.

And as for the Team GB rumour, I seriously hope not. I am sooo looking forward to pissing myself to see Team 'Rainbow Coloured Happieness Make Sure Every Country Is Not Upset And Has At Least Five Players Each In The Squad Even If It Means Raiding Haverfordwest's Reserves, Oh And Don't Forget Beckham For The Profile, Not The Footy, Silly' GB up against Aguero, Higuian and co. at the Olympics. It won't be the same if there's a City player in there, I'd have to not laugh quite so hard.

He needs to move to the shite or spurs if he's any chance of playing for England again.

Either that or get a bent Biggles/Hitler haircut that appeals to Sun readers and Stuart Pearce.

I feel for him especially as he seems to really want to play for England unlike the majority of the cunts who are going to the Euros who clearly can't be arsed ala Wayne Wooney.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.