Richards overlooked for Martin Kelly

I really feel for Micah he's been great this season and has grown into a top player. Having said that I can see why there maybe a little doubt in peoples opinions on him. If he can just improve his decision making and composure on the ball to add to his power game he will have that right back position nailed down.

I'm English through and through, but I will be very happy to see England go out at the group stages and get butt fucked by the French in the first game and hopefully see the most over rated **** of all time,Phil Jones, get taken to the cleaners by Nasri. Richards being left behind to make way for that cock sucker Jones is justification alone for this view.

Could it be the racism aspect from the Poles and Co. Would be a totally shitbag decision if that's the case. Sorry to bring this to the table but it's surely is not a football reason with the shite that has been included before him.

its cos micah is too fucking cool for these
arseholes we are supposed to respect

FUCK ENGLAND FUCK INTERNATIONAL GAYBALL AND FUCK THE FA

m7mcfc said:
Could it be the racism aspect from the Poles and Co. Would be a totally shitbag decision if that's the case. Sorry to bring this to the table but it's surely is not a football reason with the shite that has been included before him.

But other black players are going?

I initially thought Micah Richards and Rio Ferdinand weren't chosen to save Hodgson the indignity of having to talk about 'Wichards and Wio' but it can't be that as he's taking Wayne Wooney. Although having said that, Rooney is undroppable, he's the media darling.

The Richards decision alone is bad enough, but it's just so WEIRD that he has picked all the possible English players he could from Liverpool...WEIRD is the only way to describe Roy's selection, and even the fact that Horrenderson, Downing, and Carroll were all bought after Roy was at Liverpool. Was Johnson, Gerrard or Kelly busting a gut to grind out results to save their manager of the time? I didn't seen to think so, wasn't far off what happened at Chelsea with AVB.

I'll say it again it's frigging WEIRD.

TheMightyQuinn said:
m7mcfc said:

But other black players are going?

I initially thought Micah Richards and Rio Ferdinand weren't chosen to save Hodgson the indignity of having to talk about 'Wichards and Wio' but it can't be that as he's taking Wayne Wooney. Although having said that, Rooney is undroppable, he's the media darling.

Quite correct, I'm searching for an answer mate and I can't find one.

Well here's the explanation:

Roy's revenge! Hodgson picks Kelly after snubbed Richards refused to go on standby list

It is understood Richardsasked not to be put on standby because while Hodgson called other stars to tell them they were not in his 23-man party, he did not call the Richards himself.

Michael Regan

Micah Richards was last night hit with an amazing snub for England's clash with Norway on Saturday after rejecting a Euro 2012 standby slot.

The Premier League-winning right-back has been passed over by Roy Hodgson in favour of rookie Liverpool defender Martin Kelly.

Richards has been left stunned by his treatment after helping his club to win their first title for 44 years.

He was hit with the snub because he declined the chance to go onto Hodgson's standby list for next month's European Championships.

Richards - shortlisted for City's Player of the Year award by fans - was left out of Hodgson's squad favour of Liverpool's Glen Johnson and Manchester United's Phil Jones.

It is understood Richards then asked not to be put on standby because while Hodgson called other stars to tell them they were not in his 23-man party, he did not call the Richards himself.

The defender's call came from Stuart Pearce - who is no longer even part of the England senior set-up.

Last week Richards issued a dignified statement after his shock omission for Poland and Ukraine.

Speaking through City's official website he said: "Of course my initial reaction is to be gutted but a manager is there to pick a squad and he cannot pick everyone.

"No one will be cheering louder than me for England when the championships start.

"My really good mates from City and other clubs will be playing and of course I want my country to win."

But he is understood to be devastated that his efforts this season have not been recognised with a call-up for Euro2012.

Despite Kelly's promise there was widespread disbelief at Richards' treatment last night.
The 22-year old Anfield full-back, capped for England at Under-21 level, will go back to his club after Saturday's game in Oslo.

He has been drafted in while Chelsea's Champions League-winning players enjoy some extra time off.

But those Chelsea players include Ashley Cole, John Terry and Gary Cahill - a right back and two centre halves.

And with England struggling for right-back options with injuries to Tottenham's Kyle Walker and Manchester United's Chris Smalling it is a major blow for Richards who can also play in central defence.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roy-hodgson-has-picked-martin-kelly-844332#.T7wRXl9MpT8.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... T8.twitter</a>

Very poor from Roy getting Pearce to tell him he wasn't in the squad. Don't blame Richards for turning down the stand-by list if that's the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.