Richards overlooked for Martin Kelly

Shadz69 said:
Crazy that he will be kicking his heels this summer unless he has some sort of niggle.A cracking right full/winger and cover at CB.For me its a no brainer but are they limiting the number of spots given to City players?

So you call up 5 Liverpool players? You know, that team that finished 8th?

Is anybody really surprised, how many City players do we think will actually make it to the starting line-up?

Lescott is back-up to Terry, Barry will be back-up to Parker, Gerard and Lampard while Milner will even be behind Barry.

The only cert to start will be Joe, the rest of the squad will be picked for their club allegiance, proportionate to fan support.

England isn't about playing the best team, it's not about that anymore, it's about selling shirts and advertising rights, filling Wembley stadium, selling pies, showing the brand; Brand England.

The link between all of our recent managers and the teams they pick is the FA. They give the manager a list that he has to pick from. Funny that list has only got 23 players on it though.

unlikelyfan19 said:
Shadz69 said:
Crazy that he will be kicking his heels this summer unless he has some sort of niggle.A cracking right full/winger and cover at CB.For me its a no brainer but are they limiting the number of spots given to City players?

So you call up 5 Liverpool players? You know, that team that finished 8th?
in the past, not that it's helped, the experienced and regular English players from the Champions would have been a shoe in

instead the new Duncan Edwards is in?

to all those using the 'youngster' argument, kelly is 22. richards is 23.

richards has 1 more years experience but 146 more league appearances.

do the math

Is there anybody who cares about the England football team anymore?

We have been utter dross for years and keep on relying on the same tired tried and trusted players who have FAILED at every tournament instead of trying something new.

Nearly everyone wanted Redknapp as manager and the FA gave us Roy boring Hodgson.We are an embarrasment and i will be going for a walk,watching paint dry,anything rather than watch them stink the place out and fail again.

For the first time in awhile I was actually going to root for England this Euro's, but Hodgson is quickly making question his decision making. Andy Carroll blows.

1287507497_horse-plazying-with-big-ball.gif

The problem is not having enough cover at Right-back because he shamefully chose not to pick Richards and use Jones as cover. If there are a couple of injuries that replicate this situation where 2 defenders are missing(Terry & Cahill), England will be so short.

Richards has probably gone on holiday, and calling on Kelly isn't an issue. No point calling up Richards to cover 1 game. The problem is not calling him up in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.