Richards

If Hughes buys a right back in January I hope he moves on Richards rather than Zabaleta. People in this thread are touting him as centre back cover, but with Kompany and Onouha I don't think we really need him.

With all the stories like the training ground strop and asking Hughes to put him at right back you can't help but question his professionalism. Doesn't seem like a Hughes type player in that sense. Hopefully Zabaleta will get a chance to fight for his place at Fulham.

the trouble with richards is ,even though he is a tremendous athlete .he just does not have a fooballing brain.He sumtimes looks good making last ditch tackles , but that is because he is constantly out of position and cannot read the game......................

stonerblue said:
whp.blue said:
You on the other hand just seem to be a mouthy wanker and a key board warrior
who do you think you are big man ?
I have undoubtily seen more city games than you probably ever will so shut the fuck up you little prick

Thanks for that whp, nowt like a few personal insults to get the day rolling.

I would've thought that someone who's been watching City for the last 40 years could see that SWP has been, and still is, one of the best we've had.

you started the insults you mouthy no-mark !

Thought this game was perfect for Zabaleta. He's a fiery character and wouldn't have looked like a mug at RB for us and not taken any shit from Giggs or Evra. Also kind of disappointed we only made one substitution when we were getting slaughtered in the 2nd half.

banbury_blue said:
Funny how only a week ago people were raving about Richards performances this season and how he was back to his best form etc etc

Okay, today wasn't his best game but if we put a level headed approach to it, He's not the first RB and certainly not the last that will be shown up by Giggs and Evra this season. I'm not saying that he hasn't got room to improve as its quite blatant that he has, but give the lad a chance, his performance this season have been a marked improvement on last years lazy efforts

One minor point thou is that at several points so far this season, he seems to be having arguements with Toure over positioning and picking up players, more noticable at the games that I've attended, but seemed to happen a couple of times during todays game

It wasn't about being shown up by anyone. Richards had times where a simple ball down the right was passed to him and he had no ball control whatsoever and the ball went out for a throw. Other times down the right SWP was wide open to pass to and Richards in attempting the pass, put the ball out for a throw. Basic ball control is non existent with Richards. Whenever the ball is played to Richards we all cringe inside, because you don't know what he is going to do with the ball. CERTAINLY 7/10 times he will most likely give it away.

The 1st goal was all Richards. Evra was all alone to run inside whilst Richards stands there trying to blame Toure for not picking up Rooney before.

He has ZERO ball control skills, and we been saying it ALL YEAR so don't act like this is 1 bad game for him.

And don't forget he is still yet to make a cross since 07/08 in the EPL.

Hughes must make a change at right back as we do have BETTER players waiting for their chance (eg. Zabaleta and Onuoha)

whp.blue said:
stonerblue said:
Thanks for that whp, nowt like a few personal insults to get the day rolling.

I would've thought that someone who's been watching City for the last 40 years could see that SWP has been, and still is, one of the best we've had.

you started the insults you mouthy no-mark !

Play nicely lads or not at all.

We're all friends here.

we have not got a decent right back at the club and i'm sure hughes will make it his top priority in jan but richards has been a lot better this season can't just blame him for yesterday we were totally in contol of that game at half time and just let them get a foot hold in the match if your gonna single players out what about barry ireland lescott they all had shockers yesterday and the team just did'nt believe that they could win at the swamp it's somethink that needs drilling into the players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.