Richards

another point that i haven't seen raised is that imo if a fullback (Micah) is getting roasted by a winger (Giggs) then surely Micah should have given him a "tough" challenge - take the booking but at least let the fucker know that you are about.

one thing i can 100% guarantee is that Zab would have given him a hoof.

Rammy Blue said:
another point that i haven't seen raised is that imo if a fullback (Micah) is getting roasted by a winger (Giggs) then surely Micah should have given him a "tough" challenge - take the booking but at least let the fucker know that you are about.

Thats exactly what I thought!

If it was the other way around Utd would have taken it in tuirns to kick him off the park ala SWP last year!

Anyone see how Evra professionally took SWP when he was about to break away and got away with it scot free!

Rammy Blue said:

Probably a good point actually, Micah doesn't clatter people enough for me, because it does need done sometimes. It's one of those things that you will learn with experience though. I don't think Micah's problem is his ability, it's confidence and concentration, and those things can be improved given time and support. He has all the attributes to be a top player, but for defenders it does takes time.

GaudinoMotors said:
Sad - but our homegrown players haven't exactly shone in the new look City.
Hoped they would rise to the challenge and improve given the quality they are training and playing with.

It's a big change and only 5 games in, it will take time to adjust to a compeletly different environment, squad mentality and expectations. They should be given every chance imo because we do need to keep a connection with the past i think, not lose sight of where we came from.

pee dubya said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Sad - but our homegrown players haven't exactly shone in the new look City.
Hoped they would rise to the challenge and improve given the quality they are training and playing with.

It's a big change and only 5 games in, it will take time to adjust to a compeletly different environment, squad mentality and expectations. They should be given every chance imo because we do need to keep a connection with the past i think, not lose sight of where we came from.
Totally agree - but swp and micah are treading water and Ireland is in a dip - Keep faith with them though - but in this league and for what we are trying to achieve you need quick improvement and cannot afford to carry people.

You could argue Micah probably had a hand in two of the Rags goals but it doesn't mean he should suddenly become the whipping boy.

We looked horrendous at every free kick reminisance of last season that after spending nearly 40 mill on new defenders.

It also appears to me that Ireland instead of continuing his form of last season appears to be were he was the season before putting in average performances, but is still looked upon as a world beater

In the second half rags dominated this wasn't just down to defense it was also that our midfield started handing the ball straight back to them. In the first half we were passing it around even if a lot of it was across the back. In the second half we just lost the plot.

Richards is not good enough for where we want to be.
Compare him with the ball going forward (often falls over), to Johnson or Boswinga etc. You can also say they are also not the great defensivly, but neither is Richards.

He was at Fault for Owens winner, he was sucked into the middle centre half position and no one picked up Owen, where the Right Back should have been.

Saying that though, its unfair to single out Richards. The Entire defensive line baring Given were awful. Bridge didnt stop a single cross coming in either, Did Lescott and Toure win any headers?????? Fletcher 2 goals from headers, berbatov unmarked on numerous occasions from crosses.

It seemed to me from set plays we were zonal marking. I hate that system as it simply doesnt work against runners. Fletchers 2 goals were from him running deep.

Overall a terrible defensive play from all of them, not just Richards.

whp.blue said:
stonerblue said:
JESUS FUCKIN CHRIST ON A BIKE

As pointed out to me further up, everyone is entitled to their opinion so here's mine; you are full of shit and obviosly know fuck all about football.

You on the other hand just seem to be a mouthy wanker and a key board warrior
who do you think you are big man ?
I have undoubtily seen more city games than you probably ever will so shut the fuck up you little prick

Thanks for that whp, nowt like a few personal insults to get the day rolling.

I would've thought that someone who's been watching City for the last 40 years could see that SWP has been, and still is, one of the best we've had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.