Richards

I find the "Micah could be great if we just ...." debate even more puzzling than the Stevie Ireland one.

Ireland is clearly a talented footballer but there are questions about his consistency and mental strength.

Richards is a poor footballer who rose to fame because of his physical prowess in his early years.

He has poor control / poor vision / lack of positional sense / an appalling body language on the pitch / poor concentration / and a general lack of urgency when needing to track back after losing possession further upfield.

Hopefully Boateng will prove to be the sort of footballer that we all once hoped Micah would develop into.

Damocles said:
Richards will be a quality RB in years to come. I have a theory that states that you cannot be a good wing back until you have a shedload of experience playing there. Wing back is all about judgement calls, and using your experience to judge certain situations. Micah is still a kid, when he fully matures, he'll be lethal.

He is already a good defender, and a good attacker. It's just the both at the same time he can't do, coaches call it "unable to transition the play"

My mother is 'unable to transition the car', lol.
She can already change gear and she can already steer round corners she just can't do both at the same time.
She got an automatic car and past her driving test, but she's still a crap driver.

To be honest, i'm tired of debating Ireland,micah,MJ and Onoha.

Ireland need to short is head out, but in the end I trust Mancini and the club, (who works with him everyday and knows him better than us) to make the right choice regarding his future.

i got the feeling he cares more about pink cars than actually work his ass off to get into the team.

Micah, i rate him very highly even higher than Bridge, he just need to continue develop

MJ, i would put my two cents on a damn house build of cards. seems like the english rain could harm him.

Ned, deserves to play regular football so i wish him good luck in a new club.

In the end! i trust the club to make whats best for the club, Remember players comes en goes, but the club always remains. cheers

As said previously, Boateng is going to be the player we all hoped Micah would be. What annoys me most when I watch him play is how, when he makes a mistake upfield, or wherever infact, he is more intersted in looking to blame someone that track back or try and make up for the mistake, that and not being aware at corners!

I have mixed opinions on Micah.

I sometimes want him to stay and shine at City, become one of the greatest.

But other times I just get the feeling I'm wasting my own time thinking this. It's a strange one.

I think Richards and Nedum are still young and given time would have a real chance to become top defenders. Its just seems to me if they were called richardsino and van der nedum and we had paid over the odds for them and stuck them on 100k a week or jonathan pierce said they got linked with madrid or chelsea we wud have all the jokers on here putting them in there 'starting team for 2010' like van der weil and kolarev!!how many have honestly heard or seen them before the world cup came on??? some fans really do need to get real otherwise we will never be able to BUILD a team!

He's had a. Couple of bad seasons but still a solid top half player at right back. Eveyone seems to be ignoring the new home grown quota rules if we sell Ireland, nedum, richards, bellamy, swp like everyone seems to think we will have no chance of meeting the rules. We will be competing in and trying to win 4 competitions next season we need 2 quality teams to do this, players and fans are going to have to accept that some previously thought. Of big players are there to make up the numbers and play in the cups / sit on bench. I don't think he will be sold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.