Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 9m
Pellegrini said 22 players is enough for him which is why a few are up for sale. On Micah: "He had a contract to renew, but didn't want it."

It's been said since last season, he was offered a new contract at a lower basic rate, which is in line with all our players, his is probably quite a bit lower because it depends on him attaining full fitness and playing games for us. He'd rather stay on his current deal, even though it runs out next summer.

I, like most City fans would like to see him knuckle down, sign a new deal and get himself back into shape. I believe if he works with the fitness guys at the club and the trainers he can get back to where he was 2-3 years ago and even if it takes a year then he can come back into the team to replace Sagna, who due to his age will be here two years at a push. Due to the present state of the English side he could probably walk back into it too if he got back to his peak. Unfortunately, I think he'll carry on down the same line he is currently taking, and he'll either end up joining a lower/mid table side or dropping into the Championship. It will be a shame because I'm sure he's a decent lad, but as has been said, he is no James Milner in attitude or effort.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 9m
Pellegrini said 22 players is enough for him which is why a few are up for sale. On Micah: "He had a contract to renew, but didn't want it."

Richards wasn't prepared to lower his basic wage and fight for his place in the team and turned down the contract...that says all you need to know about where he believes his game is. Good player for us in the past that has been well rewarded financially but hasn't been available in the last 2 seasons. Zabba just got on with it and had to play more than he should last year as he had no cover. Pellers done the right thing bringing Sanga in and doing the right thing for the club shipping Richards out.

Please stop bleating on about people being disresepctful to Micah.....

He was very luck to be offered a new contract - He turned it down - what a fool!!!

He's been paid a lot of money by City and had the best medical help but City have received very little in return from him in the last two years

I think celebrity and money are his priorities, he's f*cked up his own career, nobody has done it for him!!! ....

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
That penalty miss did it for me, plus sauntering onto the stage at the Official kit launch in the USA with no City kit on. Time to go imo.

Spot on. In fact if we can't sell him we should give him to a charity shop. Pellers saw right through him on last years pre-season when he seemed happier to be bafooning around for the cameras rather than getting fit. And that was only 6 weeks after he single handedly gave the worst central defensive display I have ever seen at home to Norwich in a 3-2 defeat.

Long past his sell by date for me, just hope some other club is daft enough to take him on.

For Christ sake guys, some of you want to take a look at yourselves.

Richards is our longest serverojh player, was arguably best RB in the Prem in Mancini title winning season but has lost his way.

Let's show him a bit of respect for what he's done for us, he prob reads these forums and I hope he dosnt think the majority of City fans act think like this.

lmjones1uk said:

Richards is our longest serverojh player, was arguably best RB in the Prem in Mancini title winning season but has lost his way.

Let's show him a bit of respect for what he's done for us, he prob reads these forums and I hope he dosnt think the majority of City fans act think like this.

Hear hear. Some fans have become very judgemental since our rise to the top. We can afford to remember our humble beginnings and Richards has been an intrinsic part of the club 'when we were s***.
Two points: I agree with the comment that he still has the chance to replace
Sagna (& even Zabba) as he is younger
It was the club & the club photographer who encouraged Micah to "act" in front of the camera in order to make the daily diary. Personally I'd like to see less of Sharon - she's a bit too much in the face of the club personnel.

Like the reports from the new girl though. She seems a bit less interested in being 'in charge' and does her job as a reporter v well without trying to make the players act a part !!

CC1 said:
lmjones1uk said:

Hear hear. Some fans have become very judgemental since our rise to the top. We can afford to remember our humble beginnings and Richards has been an intrinsic part of the club 'when we were s***.
It was the club & the club photographer who encouraged Micah to "act" in front of the camera in order to make the daily diary. Personally I'd like to see less of Sharon - she's a bit too much in the face of the club personnel.

Like the reports from the new girl though. She seems a bit less interested in being 'in charge' and does her job as a reporter v well without trying to make the players act a part !!

Agree on Richards. Not on the reporter. Both could have done a job.

lmjones1uk said:

I don't think anyone on this forum has said anything that bad for you to overeact. Best RB in the Prem he was not, he was a reliable RB for City for a few season.

The fact of the matter is the club offered him a new contract and he refused to sign. Who cares about a penalty kick in a friendly game, more concerned that Zaba had too much time on the pitch last year and for one reason or another Richards didn't provide adequate cover. I'm glad Sagna has been brought in as reliable cover and will also be glad that Micah goes on his way which he has chosen to do by not signing the contract offered and would wish the lad all the luck.

CC1 said:
lmjones1uk said:

Not too sure who your comments are directed at but i suppose as it's a fans forum everyone's entitled to their opinion?

In response to your point Micha has chosen not to sign the contract offered, he's seen City chase a replacement for his position and he's decided by not signing that he doesn't want the chance to replace Sagna or Zaba. City have financial constrainst and will look to move on what is an expensive player with no role at the club anymore, Micha is a professional and has made his own bed. Lets wish him all the best in the future and hope he does get back to his best but lets be clear on this, it's Micha that has decided this would be at another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.