Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Glory While Others Fade said:
CC1 said:
lmjones1uk said:
For Christ sake guys, some of you want to take a look at yourselves.

Richards is our longest serverojh player, was arguably best RB in the Prem in Mancini title winning season but has lost his way.

Let's show him a bit of respect for what he's done for us, he prob reads these forums and I hope he dosnt think the majority of City fans act think like this.

Hear hear. Some fans have become very judgemental since our rise to the top. We can afford to remember our humble beginnings and Richards has been an intrinsic part of the club 'when we were s***.
Two points: I agree with the comment that he still has the chance to replace
Sagna (& even Zabba) as he is younger
It was the club & the club photographer who encouraged Micah to "act" in front of the camera in order to make the daily diary. Personally I'd like to see less of Sharon - she's a bit too much in the face of the club personnel.

Like the reports from the new girl though. She seems a bit less interested in being 'in charge' and does her job as a reporter v well without trying to make the players act a part !!

Not too sure who your comments are directed at but i suppose as it's a fans forum everyone's entitled to their opinion?

In response to your point Micha has chosen not to sign the contract offered, he's seen City chase a replacement for his position and he's decided by not signing that he doesn't want the chance to replace Sagna or Zaba. City have financial constrainst and will look to move on what is an expensive player with no role at the club anymore, Micha is a professional and has made his own bed. Lets wish him all the best in the future and hope he does get back to his best but lets be clear on this, it's Micha that has decided this would be at another club.

Hear hear

As with Rodwell there comes a time when potential and sympathy can't dictate the decisions you make with players. Richards and Rodwell have both been fit for some time but have been liabilities on the pitch. They've failed to perform even against sides that are way off our quality. Rodwell and Yaya in the FA Cup was so poor that we were getting torn apart. I don't doubt they are class players when in form and in regard to Richards he is a player that we all love because he has been with us for so long and at times was superb. He broke into the England squad and scored a couple - really tearing teams apart down the right with his pace and strength. Defensively he has never been world class. He is often caught ball watching or out of position, he doesn't close down the ball quick enough to prevent crosses coming in and when you see him play for us now he is like Bambi, aimlessly running around in all directions without ever consulting his brain to determine where he should be. We need players like Fernando who bust a gut to get back - we saw it against Newcastle, Kompany was struggling for fitness and Fernando sprinted back and got something on the shot to keep us at 1-0 and ensure we won the game. We have moved on and Richards hasn't shown any promise or sign of reaching his previous form. Still have nothing but love for him because he has been with the club for so long. But he can't offer anything for us anymore.

Fairly simple concept for a team game, your backup needs to be able to step in to either allow the starter to rest or when injured. Micah hasn't been able to do that for two years, forcing Zab to run himself in to the ground. We are not in a position where we can carry someone who has seemingly shown little interest in getting back to where he was in 11/12. It's best for Micah to get a fresh start elsewhere, we've moved on and he can no longer keep up, or fit in to the team.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-eye-richards-sinclair-swoops-7636558#.U_M1Z3uYZSU.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... SU.twitter</a>

If we can get 7.5m from barcodes for these 2 then 12m for Nasty and 2.5m for Guidetti would that not take us into profit for transfer dealings ?

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 17m
Corriere dello Sport: Roma are considering a £4m bid for City's Micah Richards. Also interested in Jovetic and Nastasic.

lmjones1uk said:

Richards is our longest serverojh player, was arguably best RB in the Prem in Mancini title winning season but has lost his way.

Let's show him a bit of respect for what he's done for us, he prob reads these forums and I hope he dosnt think the majority of City fans act think like this.

What utter nonsense.

Micah was rightly praised when he was doing the business on the pitch 2 or 3 yrs ago.Unfortunately,he has now lost his way,through injuries and poor form,he no longer deserves a place in our team and needs to move elsewhere.

That isn't disrespectful,its realistic and also the best thing for his career.People will always remember his contributions,and will be thankful for such,however,other than that,we owe him nothing.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 17m
Corriere dello Sport: Roma are considering a £4m bid for City's Micah Richards. Also interested in Jovetic and Nastasic.

Richards be best off making a clean break from English football and going to Italy. No matter what he wont get a look in at England for whatever reason even when he was playing regular for us when we won the title last time out. Also add into the mix the chance of playing champions league football too it would be a ideal move for him with chances to break back into England squad if he does well.

lmjones1uk said:

Best right back, yet Mancini stopped rotating at the end of the season and chose Zaba? So not even best right back at the club, let alone in the Premier League.

I have respect for what he was, but he's currently happy to sit there drawing a wage with no chance of getting a game, which makes him Wayne Bridge.

bluesince76 said:
lmjones1uk said:

Best right back, yet Mancini stopped rotating at the end of the season and chose Zaba? So not even best right back at the club, let alone in the Premier League.

I have respect for what he was, but he's currently happy to sit there drawing a wage with no chance of getting a game, which makes him Wayne Bridge.

This always reminds me of the famous quote by John Lennon when asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world. Lennon replied "he's not even the best drummer in the Beatles"!!

lmjones1uk said:

Ehh no - the person who needs to take a long hard look at himself is Micah. City fans on here are being honest they are entitled to be. I'm not sure if Micah is being honest with himself - too much bulk, too much celebrity, too much money, turned down a very good contract he was lucky to be offered, his careers is going down the pan very quickly .... That's my honest opinion I'm entitled to it - I'm sure Micah would have a different opinion and he is entitled to that too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.