Ricky Hatton - Battered !

pedigreeblue said:
Biglebowski said:
Always over rated in my opinion, not so much a boxer but more a brawler, hence why every time he has thought a decent boxer he usually ends up on his arse.

He was embarrassing last night being picked off at will,fcuk knows why he had so much trouble keeping his gloves up, I thought Mayweather might have sorted that out.

Anyway end of the line for the Hitman, you don’t recover from such a pasting like that with out any damage

Bollox

no it aint

black mamba said:
Ricky wants to call it a day now , he was nowhere near good enough to win this one , and just didn't seem to anticipate that punch coming in , even though it happened 'early doors' ....... it's hard to have confidence in him anymore and he's always got 'cut' far too easily too ...... he must realise himself that it's just not gonna happen for him.

He does seem to be the wrong side of his carreer now, but to say it wont happen for him? It already has, he's dominated his weight division for years and deserves to be remembered for his achievements not two losses against the very best in the world.

dw7 said:
pedigreeblue said:
Biglebowski said:
Always over rated in my opinion, not so much a boxer but more a brawler, hence why every time he has thought a decent boxer he usually ends up on his arse.

He was embarrassing last night being picked off at will,fcuk knows why he had so much trouble keeping his gloves up, I thought Mayweather might have sorted that out.

Anyway end of the line for the Hitman, you don’t recover from such a pasting like that with out any damage

Bollox

no it aint

Overrated? Fact .. second best Light Welterweight in the world Won 45 lost 2....and you say he usually ends up on his arse??

dw7 said:
pedigreeblue said:
Biglebowski said:

Bollox

no it aint

45 - 2 - 0
not a bad record for a 'brawler' some class opponents in there to.
complete bollox. He knows he fucked up last night but get a grip he has been class previously eg. costa tzu (spelling)

Ive seen some people on this thread have commented that it was 'embarassing'.

This isnt a football team gettig beat 4-0 were talking about here, this is a guy putting it on the line by stepping into the ring.

Yes, he was getting paid a tremendous amount of money for last night, but how many of you know how much courage it takes to lace up the gloves and step up to the plate?

You never call a person who steps into the ring an embarassment

blueju said:
black mamba said:
Ricky wants to call it a day now , he was nowhere near good enough to win this one , and just didn't seem to anticipate that punch coming in , even though it happened 'early doors' ....... it's hard to have confidence in him anymore and he's always got 'cut' far too easily too ...... he must realise himself that it's just not gonna happen for him.

He does seem to be the wrong side of his carreer now, but to say it wont happen for him? It already has, he's dominated his weight division for years and deserves to be remembered for his achievements not two losses against the very best in the world.

I could be very wrong but he seemed to lose his focus a bit and got caught up in the American hype. Shrek and Oasis in the ring was a load of bollox to me.

I have enjoyed his career to date though and wish him all the best whatever he chooses to do!

To start questioning his achievements now is stupid, the guy has been one of Britains most successful boxers ever!

dw7 said:
very bad loser imo blamed the ref and slipping in his last fight no interview this fight ah well he can have his retirement party at old trafford now bye bye ricky fatton

No interview after this fight cos he had just suffered a brutal KO and had been unconcious on the canvas for 3 minutes! They even said on sky that due to medical advice he wouldnt be doing an interview, he had to be hepled out of the ring FFS.

Bad loser and blaiming the ref for the Mayweather fight? Did you see his post fight interview in the ring? He cracked a joke about slipping, he wasnt been serious, hardly a sore loser. I think hatton acknowledges the fact that mayweather was the better fighter and deserved to win, but the ref didnt help his cause by not letting him fight on the inside.

I am a big Hatton fan but the fact is when he has stepped it up to elite level he has been found wanting and clinically dispatched. He has made a great career for himself but he just isn't and never will be p4p material. NO shame in that, he is just a very, very good light-welterweight champion rather than a p4p great.

Pacquiao v Mayweather next please!

Paulmcfc2703 said:
i think that is it for Hatton now.

Mayweather v Pacquiao will be some fight though

definatly the one good thing that could come out of it would be a epic fight

He was tops till he starting drinking to many pints ..and its one or the other. Top lad but just missed out being one of the greatest ever ....Shame.!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.