Ricky Hattons' box is up for grabs

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
roylefamily said:
Ricky Hatton has done loads for the Profile of City for years ... Nobody slagged him off when he was world champion and singing City's praises . Maybe he looks at Yaya Toure getting £220,000 a week or Robinho on his megabucks who thought he was signing for United and decided that was the straw that breaks the camels back . What are the " Normal :) " fans going to do when the inevitable price rises happen ? ... back posting on here squealing maybe our Ricky was right after all ? Wake up and smell the roses , this is just the start of the fans being expected to fund Yaya 's lavish and tax free lifestyle

Rag?

Blue dipper, and a wum.

malg said:
It's a sign of the times. It is a huge increase, but the guys a millionaire, and the cost of the box is probably what he gets in interest. Before anyone says that it's not just about the money, it very obviously is.

As for the bit in the article about him getting something back from the club because he speaks about them all the time, well that's just balls (wouldn't imagine Hatton would say that anyway). If you went by that one, then Ric should get a free season ticket for putting this website together.

and he can probably claim it as a business expense for entertaining his customers and rag mates in !!

First things first. Executive boxes are means for EXECUTIVES.. ie; senior managers of corporations. These people use those boxes to conduct their business. They also bring in a LOT of money into the club, and also enable the owners to widen their own business interests.

Fan's/Celebrities/Player's should only be in one of these boxes if invited in my opinion, and if they want to live the dream of owning one they have to stump up a hell of a lot of money as they are potentially making the club lose revenue; think about it, a bank chairman will probably spend 25 times that of Hatton in one season.

Hatton as far as I'm aware runs a gym and made his name as a young exciting fighter who eventually became as cringeworthy as Peter Kay. He doesn't do anything for the club regarding major revenue, he's just another celeb fan that a lot of fans worship like the Gallagher brothers for example. Hatton should just speak to the club regarding other options or dismiss the press talk

SouthStand211 said:
First things first. Executive boxes are means for EXECUTIVES.. ie; senior managers of corporations. These people use those boxes to conduct their business. They also bring in a LOT of money into the club, and also enable the owners to widen their own business interests.

Fan's/Celebrities/Player's should only be in one of these boxes if invited in my opinion, and if they want to live the dream of owning one they have to stump up a hell of a lot of money as they are potentially making the club lose revenue; think about it, a bank chairman will probably spend 25 times that of Hatton in one season.

Hatton as far as I'm aware runs a gym and made his name as a young exciting fighter who eventually became as cringeworthy as Peter Kay. He doesn't do anything for the club regarding major revenue, he's just another celeb fan that a lot of fans worship like the Gallagher brothers for example. Hatton should just speak to the club regarding other options or dismiss the press talk

Bang on.

SouthStand211 said:

Eh?
Executive is merely a description of something to give it a haughty appearance. Don t Finglands promote "executive" coach travel?Hardly the place for a high flying businessman though is it?
And as for saying business is conducted in these boxes? Come on, it s generally a piss up with a bloke from another company who happens to support the opposition.The deal has already been done previously.Can you imagine trying to conduct any form of business/ contract at a football match?
A bank manager spends 25 times more than a bloke who goes to the match with 9 of his mates?Kinell , I bet your nights out are legend.
Then you dismiss Ricky as cringeworthy. Any reason why? A local lad made good, took a few people to times and places they might never have got to, fought in umpteen World title fights with his only blemishes being given a good hiding by two of the best pound for pound fighters ever. A down to earth lad with no airs and graces and a brilliant sense of humour.The ability to laugh at himself(how many on here can say that?) and still one of the boys which I m sure many of his real friends would lay testament to.
But again , I have to repeat that it isn t Ricky s ox.He shares a tenth of it which , last time I looked, was about 10% or in laymans terms, something shared with 9 other people.
Yes , he probably could write a cheque for the others . He wont and they wouldn t let him.
For all the cynics, just put it this way. If City phoned you tomorrow and said" D you know what, we re going places.We d like an 80 % increase in you r ticket please" how many of us would just sign the cheque?

asgoodasitgets said:
SouthStand211 said:

Eh?
Executive is merely a description of something to give it a haughty appearance. Don t Finglands promote "executive" coach travel?Hardly the place for a high flying businessman though is it?
And as for saying business is conducted in these boxes? Come on, it s generally a piss up with a bloke from another company who happens to support the opposition.The deal has already been done previously.Can you imagine trying to conduct any form of business/ contract at a football match?
A bank manager spends 25 times more than a bloke who goes to the match with 9 of his mates?Kinell , I bet your nights out are legend.
Then you dismiss Ricky as cringeworthy. Any reason why? A local lad made good, took a few people to times and places they might never have got to, fought in umpteen World title fights with his only blemishes being given a good hiding by two of the best pound for pound fighters ever. A down to earth lad with no airs and graces and a brilliant sense of humour.The ability to laugh at himself(how many on here can say that?) and still one of the boys which I m sure many of his real friends would lay testament to.
But again , I have to repeat that it isn t Ricky s ox.He shares a tenth of it which , last time I looked, was about 10% or in laymans terms, something shared with 9 other people.
Yes , he probably could write a cheque for the others . He wont and they wouldn t let him.
For all the cynics, just put it this way. If City phoned you tomorrow and said" D you know what, we re going places.We d like an 80 % increase in you r ticket please" how many of us would just sign the cheque?

I would suspect Hatton does not go for the whole food and drinks add-ons each match on top of his box fee's. So I stand by his average spend would be shite compared to a real business exec.

Anyway, he could buy a single seat in the posh bit for £1k a year. Methinks the taxman may be catching up with him. Boxers and money don't go well together.

whats ricky hatton actually done for city tho?? apart frm playin blue mon as his enterance song (note the last fight he didnt) he hasnt actually done anything worthwhile,, hes an embarresment(churchill adds) hes not the ricky hatton we all used to love,, an as far as im concerned im not arsed about him seein his arse over prices.... as if we dont get enough bad press as it is.....

SouthStand211 said:
asgoodasitgets said:
Eh?

I would suspect Hatton does not go for the whole food and drinks add-ons each match on top of his box fee's. So I stand by his average spend would be shite compared to a real business exec.

Anyway, he could buy a single seat in the posh bit for £1k a year. Methinks the taxman may be catching up with him. Boxers and money don't go well together.
Right, one last time.
IT S NOT HIS BOX!HE SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARES IT!!!
The blokes he shares it with also drink beer and cups of tea.
They do not have to ask Ricky s permission.
So I d say the average spend was right up there with your executive .
Actually, no, you re right.They never have a meal, just tea and biscuits with the odd couple of crates of beer thrown in.
Yes , he could buy a seat, they all could.If you look at my earliest post this is one thing they are negotiating with City at the minute.
It s not only this box that could be empty at the start of the season, there are a fair few "fans" who City have increased the price of the box for the forthcoming campaign.Only difference being, they haven t raised the profile of Man City and Manchester to a worldwide audience .
That box has to be one of the busiest in the ground. Time after time people will be brought in asking for autographs, photo s, signed programmes et al. and that selfish prick who has totally lost touch with his fans , sits there and signs them all, poses for the pics and sits and talks to anyone who walks through the door, (yes, me included).
I m sure the only people on here who are slating him are the ones who have never met him or are simply just jealous of his achievements, but don t let me put you off having a go. Perhaps we could label him City s Mick Hucknall?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.