Rico Lewis and Oscar bobb

Based on what I saw in the second half of the season, I think he’s got a season to REALLY break through, but I don’t think he will. He’s neither one thing nor the other for City, but I think he’d be a great utility man for a non-Top 6 team.

Bobb is the same. Is he REALLY going to play RW or LW for City? I hope he gets a fair shake on the right this coming season, but I think this, too, is a breakthrough season…or not…for him.
Probably correct. I would say both are in the Palmer category. A decent bid comes in this summer or next and they are off. Unless they start challenging for the first 11 on a regular basis seems likely they will leave. Personally I am unsure about this pair but would like to see them retained and developed for a couple of seasons.

We really must give both every opportunity to develop here.
They've shown enough in their limitede appearances to indicate that there's something there to work on.
We have several players who are ageing or may not stay very long and an increasing number of fixtures to fulfill.
Succession planning is something we've done well in recent years and we must continue to get right

Im torn on Rico. Pep seemed to love him and played him quite frequently but then towards the back end of the season he didn’t have a sniff. I personally think he is a bit slow in the recovery when we lose the ball. Bobb looked good in some games but quite poor in some too so the jury is out on him. I agree he needs more game time.

Based on what I saw in the second half of the season, I think he’s got a season to REALLY break through, but I don’t think he will. He’s neither one thing nor the other for City, but I think he’d be a great utility man for a non-Top 6 team.

Bobb is the same. Is he REALLY going to play RW or LW for City? I hope he gets a fair shake on the right this coming season, but I think this, too, is a breakthrough season…or not…for him.
I hadn't realised that Gareth Southgate was a member of this Forum.

Rico having a good future at City requires us to fail in our efforts to sign Joshua Kimmich.

Oscar can play in a wide range of positions and will progress if given the chances.

View attachment 123744

You don't have to throw younger players into the deep end to develop them. They're still training with Pep every single day and they're getting their game time here and there. When they're ready, they're ready.
I completely agree.
City isn’t, or hasn’t been, the place to cultivate youngsters in the first XI, with one glaring exception, whom Pep rates Messi-esque talent wise.

Let's see. I'm pretty sure similar comments were being made about Foden back in around 2018. Bottom line; if they prove themselves to be good enough, they'll still be here.
Your first response is silly, unless you’re saying you think they’re Fodenesque?!

Your second point goes for everyone, including Academy talent that has never seen the First XI.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.