riddles?!

Damocles said:
Duphrates said:
You have three one-hour fuses (the kind on TNT). Unfortunately, they don't necessarily burn at a uniform rate; all you know is that each one takes exactly one hour to burn completely. You need to make a fuse which is 45 minutes long.

How do you do this?

I'm not sure I understand this, this is what I've got from this:

I have three fuses of different length that all take an hour to the end.

I need to make a fuse that lasts for 45 minutes.

?

EDIT : I'm so fucking dumb.

Light Fuse 1 at both ends, Light fuse 2 at one end.

When fuse 1 has died, you know 30 minutes have gone. Light the fuse two at both ends now and light 3. When fuse 2 goes out, it takes 15 minutes. Put out Fuse 3, which you now is a 45 minute fuse.

I made that much harder than it had to be :P

BINGO!
Have a biscuit *proffers*

A man is found dead and naked 500 metres away from the bottom of a cliff-face holding a straw.
What possible situation could explain this death?

Duphrates said:
A man is found dead and naked 500 metres away from the bottom of a cliff-face holding a straw.

He was having a drink through a straw on an aeroplane when they chucked him out.

Duphrates said:

Did it for some sort of dare? Like they drew straws or something?

EDIT : Hmm...naked throws you off a bit.

Bluemoon115 said:
Duphrates said:
He drew the short straw and had to jump.

Ooooh. That's a starting point.

While on my way to St. Ives, I saw a man with 7 wives. Each wife had 7 sacks. Each sack had 7 cats. Each cat had 7 kittens. Kitten, cats, sacks, wives, How many were going to St. Ives?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.