right, where are they?

malg

Where are the players who are going to break into our first team? We've seen plenty of talk about 'tipping points' and how far we've come. However, I don't think we'll get as much credit as fans feel we should get until we produce our own - at least one anyway. We've passed the first hurdle by winning trophies regularly, and have become not just one of the top 4, but the leader of that small pack.

Up to now we've spent a shit load on transfer fees and wages. I realise it takes time, and the squad hasn't yet been named for next season, but does anyone think one of our youth players will get into it?

I personally don't know enough about our youth players, but there are plenty on here who quite obviously follow them with interest. So, for you guys, who is going to break into our first team, as a regular, first - and when will that be?

This season coming I'd say nobody. The following season presuming his loan goes well in France, Lopes. The season after is anyones guess but any of the right or left backs, maybe Denayour, Ambrose or even Pozo if he gets his fitness back.

Ashley Smith-Brown and Kean Bryan recently signed pro contracts, George Evans seemed like he was doing well at Crewe last year. If we got a lower league team at home in the league cup i'd consider giving them a chance then loaning them to championship clubs. Would be nice to have some mancunians in the squad.

First thing I'd say is that extreme patience is required with regards to the academy producing talent, we are significantly better than we were it's just the stakes are now much higher.

But anyhow, the most likely to start bursting into the first team was Lopes but he's off to Lille next year but that should do him the world of good as I expect he'll play often considering his talent.

Next would be Rekik but thats going to be hard if we are bringing in a new big signing CB for fees reported up to £30million. Can see him going off for another season.

Huws had an excellent loan to birmingham so he might be giving a little game time but I'm certain we'll want to develop for another year elsewhere and see if he can continue his good performances.

Guidetti was very likely to be the first before he got extremely unlucky with a virus, now he's barely played football for the past 2 years, hopefully he can have a good career but I think his chances of first team football are dead.

I'd say those were the ones who where most likely to get into the first team for this season, as others have mentioned we have a lot more talent in the youth syste but I think they are further off at present. In a year or so they'll start hitting in a big way.

We have absolutely loads of talent. It's finding out which ones continue improving & produce the goods v fully grown adults & which are too lightweight or too slow. I don't think talent will be the issue with most of these kids. It will be the ones who can adapt & produce it when the time comes. You could name one kid, & then might find he gets pushed off the ball too easily or can't react quickly enough, but the next guy takes to it & suddenly outshines him. One may be physically up to it, but too slow, etc etc.

None are yet good enough to be starting games imo, & most would probably still have a way to go physically to play v Premier League players. One or two may get a chance from the bench or in lesser cup games, depending on how they look in training. The quick ones could make an impact under the right circumstances.

Pre season would be a good time to try a few & see if they look the part. But the Premier League is tough at the top & playing for City now, is not the same as when SWP & Joey Barton etc came through.

I'm sure some of these lads will make it, there is too much talent for at least some not to come through.

It doesn't always turn out to be the ones you expect.

MC ID said:
First thing I'd say is that extreme patience is required with regards to the academy producing talent, we are significantly better than we were it's just the stakes are now much higher.

I don't think we are at the mintue, we produced Sturridge a top striker now, trippier , Richards, Ireland Michael Johnson, IMO we haven't produced anyone recently who's anywhere near as good as these. Maybe in 5 years we will produce someone, they need the chances though. Hopefully a mancunian

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
MC ID said:

I don't think we are at the mintue, we produced Sturridge a top striker now, trippier , Richards, Ireland Michael Johnson, IMO we haven't produced anyone recently who's anywhere near as good as these. Maybe in 5 years we will produce someone, they need the chances though. Hopefully a mancunian
Our academy didn't really produce most of those players though, we just scouted very well at the 15-18 year old age group, like with Barton and SWP. We were far better at picking up other clubs discards and giving them a second chance. I think our academy is far more set up to bring kids all the way through from younger levels than it ever was before, but obviously that takes longer to show results

The only player I realistically see from the EDS squad making the grade is Denayer. Lopes is a possibility but he needs to prove he can to it next season in France.

Seems to be a lot of talent in the u18s and below but I haven't watched them regularly and you never know how they'll develop. Nimely and ball scored bucket loads for in the youth leagues yet one is playing in league 2 and the other cant even get club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.