Rik Mayall

Just the best quote from Bottom!!!

Richie: What about pin the tail on the donkey?
Eddie:We haven't got a donkey.
Richie: Well, ah, pin the tail on the chicken?.
Eddie: We haven't got a tail.
Richie: Oh. Well, pin the sausage on the chicken?.
Eddie: We haven't got a chicken.
Richie: Well... pin the sausage on the fridge!
Eddie: Or a pin.
Richie: Sellotape a sausage to the fridge!
Eddie: We haven't got a sausage!
Richie: Put a bit of sellotape on the fridge!
Eddie: Erm.......It's not much of a game, is it?

basokla said:
Sad news. Without a doubt "The Young Ones" helped shape my warped sense of humor.

"Have we got a video?"

RIP Rik
Yes we've got a video, ha ha me and my dad still use this line, it's 32 years since the young ones and we still use that line, that's when you know something was good.

Rik Mayall's wife has said a fit may have caused the comedian's sudden death at their home on Monday.

The world of comedy has paid tribute to the "genius" who shot to fame playing the poetry writing anarchist Rick in The Young Ones and went on to have a glittering television career.

It is not yet known what caused the 56-year-old's death but Barbara Robbin suggested it could be related to a quad bike accident which nearly killed her husband 18 years ago.

Speaking outside their home in Barnes, southwest London, Ms Robbin said: "We don't know yet what happened.

"He had a strong heart so I don't think it was a heart attack. But we just don't know until the coroner's report.

"Maybe he had a fit, maybe it was his heart. We just don't know."

It is understood Mayall suffered from epilepsy after the 1998 accident which caused two brain haemorrhages and left him in a coma for five days.

Speaking about the accident, Mayall said doctors had kept him alive on a life-support machine for five days and were about to turn it off when he began to show signs of life.

He used to mark the occasion by exchanging presents with his wife and children and said the near-death experience changed his life.

He said: "The main difference between now and before my accident is I'm just very glad to be alive."

It is not known when a post-mortem examination is due to take place.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said officers were called by London Ambulance Service to a house in Barnes where "a man, aged in his 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene".

He added the death was not believed to be suspicious.

Mayall and Ms Robbin, who is a make-up artist, have been married since 1985 and have three children, Rosie, Sidney and Bonnie.

Close friend and long-time collaborator Adrian Edmondson led the tributes to the star, saying he felt privileged to have shared "carefree stupid days" with Mayall at Manchester University, where the pair studied.

He said: "There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish b*****d."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.