RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Terrible news. I first met De Niro when I was introduced to him outside a bar in the Faroes. He had the most mankiest rotten fucking teeth I’d ever seen in my life. While we were chatting I politely kept trying not to look at them and as I didn’t know him, I was loathe to mention them. After a while of keeping a straight face, he lent forward and removed them as they were a joke set.
Always had a laugh with him whenever I saw him from then on.
As previously mentioned on here MND is the cruelest of diseases and to battle it for so long really does get my full admiration.
RIP Bill, you will be sorely missed.

A long , long time since I posted on here , just read through the thread ,
Bill was one of the very best always a pleasure to be in his , Jeanie and Jess’s company. The worlds a sadder place tonight RIP Bill

Blackburn (a) many moons ago and a picture from @wolfie1988 wedding where he had the wife in stitches all night x

Attachments

• IMG_6187.jpeg
    IMG_6187.jpeg
    636.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_6186.jpeg
    IMG_6186.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
Only found out an hour ago and just read the thread from the beginning. Have known him from the away matches for many years and can only endorse what everyone says about what a top, top bloke he was. Wicked sense of humour.
He was sat behind me at Newcastle when Yaya scored the two goals. About a year later he admitted to me that that day he had had a few beers and, shall we say, a touch of wind. He blamed everything on me for the reaction and obviously I was, unknowingly, not popular.
Bill, it was a pleasure knowing you and my thoughts go out to your family and friends (and you had many friends). RIP mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.