RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

I am silently weeping at this late hour over the very sad passing of Bill, the definition of a true down to earth gent and someone I feel lucky enough to call a friend.

A couple of little anecdotes....

I gave up my season card when we retained Mark Hughes, I could not stand doing the 500 mile round trip to watch the drivel and his team selections. However when Roberto pitched up I wanted to get my season cards (me and the Mrs) back but it was difficult and Bill rescued me. He gave me a contact number of his mate in the ticket office who managed to secure me the best two seats in the house, something for which I will be eternally grateful, he literally facilitated one of the best days in my life (23:20) so thank you Bill.

Another time me and my mate came up to watch a City home game and for no particular reason other than being a top bloke, he came to meet us in a hotel over by Old Trafford just because.... well for no reason just because he did. Fabulous man.

I also remember the thread where someone was, as it turn out falsely, pleading for help... I'm sure ot was a Sunday night/evening. He was saying there had been a bad crash, death and Injuries etc and Bill was so concerned he just took off to go help a fellow blue. It turned out to be a hoax.... but I tell you what this typified spirit of Bill Kind, considerate and selfless.

I brought my old Mum to a match (Villa home) and we met up (by chance) with Bill in the Waldorf and he loved her, kept calling her Ronnie Corbett because she is so small... she loved it, Bill made her very welcome and felt so comfortable.

I have always maintained that City have the greatest fans in the world and is the greatest club in the world and its folk like Bill that show this over and over again.

There are many other fabulous people I have met through Bluemoon, mainly through Bill, but this tribute is to Bill so, cheerio my old mate and thank you. I genuinely have tears trickling down my cheek right now.

Although I never knew you as well as I would have liked to I am certainly going to miss you.

GOD BLESS YOU BILL LYONS!! from Tony and Tracy xxx

P.S. I would love to attend the funeral and will attend provided it's not in the first week of March (1st to 7th) which reading between the lines I suspect it will (Copenhagen Home match day?) as I am off to Stockholm for my Grand Daughters 4th Birthday

I never met the guy, but clearly a top top fella who touched many people reading all the amazing very emotional tributes on this thread. RIP DeNiro.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.