RIP, Chopper.

pominoz said:
stony said:
pominoz said:
What a scum bag, eh?

" Chopper, the 2000 film of his life with the comedian Eric Bana in the title role, was well received, and Read donated his share to the Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne. The following year he featured in a TV commercial warning of the risks of drink-driving. In 2006 he appeared in another, denouncing domestic violence. In 2011, suffering from the hepatitis C he claimed to have contracted in Pentridge, he declined a liver transplant saying he considered himself well down the list of worthwhile recipients."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/chopper-read-criminal-whose-life-story-became-a-successful-film-8869816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obitu ... 69816.html</a>

Jimmy Savile did a lot of work for charity, shall we praise him now.

Chopper was a peado's worst nightmare, it must be lovely living in your black and white world.
Chopper was a good bloke considering the start in life he had, he never hurt "normal people" , women or kids, but you carry on with your holier than thou attitude. Must make you feel so much better than the rest of society.

Did you know him personally Pom?

pominoz said:
stony said:
pominoz said:
Chopper was a peado's worst nightmare, it must be lovely living in your black and white world.
Chopper was a good bloke considering the start in life he had, he never hurt "normal people" , women or kids, but you carry on with your holier than thou attitude. Must make you feel so much better than the rest of society.

Better than you obviously

Of course you are, darling.
You obviously know fuck all about real life and real people. Get back to radio 4 and the Daily Mail.
Comparing Chopper to a nonce is way out of order, but in your little world, you would not see that.
What do you know about him apart from the movie and books (if you read them, which i doubt because you are so much above that?), fuck all.

Oh cry me a fucking river. There are thousands of people who do tireless charity work and there are no threads on here about them. Why ? because sycophantic little fanboys who get turned on by "hard men" and think violent psychopaths are cool haven't started any.
Now run along and have a wank about the Krays or something you utter fucking cretin.

stony said:
pominoz said:
stony said:
Better than you obviously

Of course you are, darling.
You obviously know fuck all about real life and real people. Get back to radio 4 and the Daily Mail.
Comparing Chopper to a nonce is way out of order, but in your little world, you would not see that.
What do you know about him apart from the movie and books (if you read them, which i doubt because you are so much above that?), fuck all.

Oh cry me a fucking river. There are thousands of people who do tireless charity work and there are no threads on here about them. Why ? because sycophantic little fanboys who get turned on by "hard men" and think violent psychopaths are cool haven't started any.
Now run along and have a wank about the Krays or something you utter fucking cretin.

Jeez, what a bitter little tart you are.
What do you know about the man, apart from whatever piece of shit rag you read, let me tell you, fuck all.
I am not a fan of "hard men", met too many to be impressed by their bullshit.
Chopper was a nice bloke, unless you fucked with him.
Now run along and post about shit you may actually know something about, cretin.

banjo said:
pominoz said:
stony said:

Did you know him personally Pom?

Met him a couple of times and he was as cool as. I know people that knew him well and all liked him, that's good enough for me.
But that is not good enough for the tabloid readers. Bless them.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 pm --<br /><br />
des hardi said:
lads sort it though pm`s ,for feck sake!

Fair enough, just piss's me off when people post about things they know fuck all about.

pominoz said:
stony said:
pominoz said:
What a scum bag, eh?

" Chopper, the 2000 film of his life with the comedian Eric Bana in the title role, was well received, and Read donated his share to the Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne. The following year he featured in a TV commercial warning of the risks of drink-driving. In 2006 he appeared in another, denouncing domestic violence. In 2011, suffering from the hepatitis C he claimed to have contracted in Pentridge, he declined a liver transplant saying he considered himself well down the list of worthwhile recipients."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/chopper-read-criminal-whose-life-story-became-a-successful-film-8869816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obitu ... 69816.html</a>

He hit at least one woman in the film didn't he ?

Seen him interviewed a fair few times and read some of his books,a funny guy,lot of charisma like a lot of psychopaths but ' a good bloke' is going a bit far.

pominoz said:
BillyShears said:
pominoz said:
What a scum bag, eh?

Met Chopper loads of times. My old boss Michael Gudinski's film company produced the film about his life so he was always in and around the office in Albert Park. Wickedly funny guy and oddly thoroughly well mannered. Played up to the image he had loads when he'd be out in public though. It was never a problem getting a game of pool with him, even if the table was occupied. People would just give it up mid game.

Very sad to hear about his death. Whatever his crimes, the time I spent with him he was a top bloke and someone who's company I really enjoyed. Shit ... do I sound like Garry Cook or what!

Don't you just love it when arseholes make statements about someone they have never met, let alone know fuck all about.
Sad little people.
So you hung around Gudinski and Albert Park?, posh git ;)

I can understand Stony's reticence to want to deify someone with the kind of criminal past that Chopper had ... however part of living in a civilised idealist's world means that I like to think I'm enlightened enough to give someone a break if they've done their time and have chosen a different and better path.

Chopper did that in spades and I know for a fact he did a lot of work in juvenile detentions centres talking to kids about the hardships and mistakes he made in his life. None of it is about justifying or even forgetting the crimes he committed. But there's equally no harm in praising someone who has not only changed their own life, but attempted to educate others who might go down the wrong path of the real hardship they will face. Not the Hollywood hardship movies and books sometimes glorify.

I worked in Albert Park because that's where the Mushroom offices are ... never lived there. Although I did have the run of Michael's holiday houses at Mnt Macedon and on the Gold Coast. :)

BillyShears said:
pominoz said:
BillyShears said:
Met Chopper loads of times. My old boss Michael Gudinski's film company produced the film about his life so he was always in and around the office in Albert Park. Wickedly funny guy and oddly thoroughly well mannered. Played up to the image he had loads when he'd be out in public though. It was never a problem getting a game of pool with him, even if the table was occupied. People would just give it up mid game.

Very sad to hear about his death. Whatever his crimes, the time I spent with him he was a top bloke and someone who's company I really enjoyed. Shit ... do I sound like Garry Cook or what!

Don't you just love it when arseholes make statements about someone they have never met, let alone know fuck all about.
Sad little people.
So you hung around Gudinski and Albert Park?, posh git ;)

I can understand Stony's reticence to want to deify someone with the kind of criminal past that Chopper had ... however part of living in a civilised idealist's world means that I like to think I'm enlightened enough to give someone a break if they've done their time and have chosen a different and better path.

Chopper did that in spades and I know for a fact he did a lot of work in juvenile detentions centres talking to kids about the hardships and mistakes he made in his life. None of it is about justifying or even forgetting the crimes he committed. But there's equally no harm in praising someone who has not only changed their own life, but attempted to educate others who might go down the wrong path of the real hardship they will face. Not the Hollywood hardship movies and books sometimes glorify.

I worked in Albert Park because that's where the Mushroom offices are ... never lived there. Although I did have the run of Michael's holiday houses at Mnt Macedon and on the Gold Coast. :)

That's where i live now.
You would have gone to Hanging Rock, and, Woodend?

People hanging shit on him shits me,they know fuck all about the man only the reputation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.