RIP MIKE DOYLE

Very sad news. I'm another who was lucky enough to see him play and he was one of my boyhood heroes. We all loved the fact he was a true blue and hated the rags as much as us.

R.I.P. Mike.

RIP Mike, a great player and an even greater Blue.

spacecadet said:
Mike got sent off in my first Derby. I was 7 remember h and shithouse Macari got sent off but wouldn't go. So all players went off and came back with 10 each. Any Blue remember what actually happened?

Doyle and the Poison Dwarf had a bit of fisticuffs which the ref spotted and sent both off but they weren't having it, it threatened to develop into a mass brawl at one point so the ref then took both teams off the pitch to cool down for 10 minutes or so.

R.I.P.Mike...Part of ther greatest City team I ever saw play...this from the OS made me smile...."Doyle seemed to dig even deeper when City played United and was on the losing side just once in the 16 derbies he played in between March 1968 and September 1975"

Once in 16...Legend.

lancs blue said:
RIP Mike, a great player and an even greater Blue.

spacecadet said:
Mike got sent off in my first Derby. I was 7 remember h and shithouse Macari got sent off but wouldn't go. So all players went off and came back with 10 each. Any Blue remember what actually happened?

Doyle and the Poison Dwarf had a bit of fisticuffs which the ref spotted and sent both off but they weren't having it, it threatened to develop into a mass brawl at one point so the ref then took both teams off the pitch to cool down for 10 minutes or so.
Cheers mate- surprised the said poison dwarf was up for it with Mike?? I know who my money would have been on!!

This has really affected me. He was a footy coach at my old school a few times, we'd always talk about City & Football, the trophys...

Just so glad he got to see us win something before he went, I'm sure that made it easier for him.

R.I.P, a true legend of a captain, he'd still get in the team today. A 30 year old Mike Doyle would slot in nicely with Kompany :)

Again, R.I.P blue. I'm starting to think it's terrible that were building a whole team up there...but at least they can bring the first batch of trophies with them to dominate heaven, whilst our new ones dominate Earth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.