RIP MIKE DOYLE

I grew up watching Mike in the late 60's & 70's. You cannot put a price on the memories he gave me. Thank you Mike............true City Legend.

You were my original boyhood hero and i was always 'you' in the numurous kickarounds we had on the streets and parks.

Immense player and his well documented hatred of the rags cemented his hero status for me.

RIP Mike ...You will be sadly missed big fellah - a huge thanks from all us Blues for what you did and acheived for our great club.

Condolences to the entire Doyle family in these very sad times....

IF we could clone Mike Doyle we would win all before us i have NEVER in my 47yrs of watching City seen a player pull on the blue shirt and play with the pride and passion this man did.
We have lost one of our greatest hero's and that is not a word i use lightly a great servant a great player and our most passionate fan i cant find the words to do this man justice RIP Mike

"The man who stood toe to toe with the Stretford End" - AND WON, loving every minute of it!!!

I was privileged to both see him play most of his matches for the Blues, and meet him several times. A great guy, a true blue, and the sort of player every fan wanted to be, if they'd had the chance and ability.

Joe and Malcolm, you're getting a great team up there, but slow down a bit please!

RIP MIck Doyle.

This news has come as a real shock. God bless you Mike, R.I.P. I wish some of our latter day "stars" had a fraction of the passion for our club which you carried throughout your life.

Iam old enough to have seen him play,what a true BLUE LEGEND. His hatred of the rags was an inspiration to all blues

RIP Mike
Say hello to mal,neil joe and the rest of boys up there. BLUE MOON RISING

RIP Mike.

I was thinking about him a couple of days ago after reading the Picc 261 thread. I remember they had a comp for the best banner/flag for the LC final in '76 and the winner was one with 'Doyle eats Magpies'.

I met Mike in the Broadoak in Ashton late 70's/early 80's and he was kind enough to chat football for a few minutes even though it was New Years Eve and I'd guess out with his family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.