RIP MIKE DOYLE

Absolutely idolised him when I was a kid. Playing football at school I insisted everyone call me Mike Doyle.

Feels like losing a member of my own family, it really bloody does.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm --<br /><br />Absolutely idolised him when I was a kid. Playing football at school I insisted everyone call me Mike Doyle.

Feels like losing a member of my own family, it really bloody does.

spacecadet said:
Only other bit from that game 13/03/74 was Buzzer breaking Rag centre back Steve James' wrist with a "neck high" challenge!!

The game was also Tueart's (and Horswill's) debut. I've got an image/report of my feature on the game from "The Pride Of Manchester" at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150108308997816.281351.289818652815#!/photo.php?fbid=10150225473092816&set=a.10150108308997816.281351.289818652815&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... =1&theater</a>

As for Doyle.... for anyone who didn't see him play he oozed City. I put my profile of him on page 12th of this thread and I hope it did him justice.

The profile ended with: "Mike Doyle was a tremendously loyal City player and a fine example of what a professional should be. He always played in a determined manner and won many admirers with his total dedication to the Blue cause. Many would say he is the perfect Blue."

Perfect Blue indeed.

Unfortunately I'm too young to have seen Mike Doyle play, but I've always enjoyed hearing the stories of his heroics on the pitch. I read his autobiography a while ago and it was brilliant to read about someone who not only was talented and won major honours with City, but cared so much about the club. There was a great features with him on the OS not too long ago as well. RIP

Manchester born and bred, CITY through and through that was Mike Doyle CITY legend. The last 12 months has been a very sad time for our club with the loss of our greatest ever coach, Nelly , Ken Barnes and now BIG MIKE. R.I.P to all of you. None will be forgotten.

Gary James said:
spacecadet said:
Only other bit from that game 13/03/74 was Buzzer breaking Rag centre back Steve James' wrist with a "neck high" challenge!!

The game was also Tueart's (and Horswill's) debut. I've got an image/report of my feature on the game from "The Pride Of Manchester" at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150108308997816.281351.289818652815#!/photo.php?fbid=10150225473092816&set=a.10150108308997816.281351.289818652815&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... =1&theater</a>

As for Doyle.... for anyone who didn't see him play he oozed City. I put my profile of him on page 12th of this thread and I hope it did him justice.

The profile ended with: "Mike Doyle was a tremendously loyal City player and a fine example of what a professional should be. He always played in a determined manner and won many admirers with his total dedication to the Blue cause. Many would say he is the perfect Blue."

Cheers Gary
Cheers Gary

Perfect Blue indeed.

"The man who stood toe to toe with the Stretford End" - AND WON, loving every minute of it!!!

I was privileged to both see him play most of his matches for the Blues, and meet him several times. A great guy, a true blue, and the sort of player every fan wanted to be, if they'd had the chance and ability.

Joe and Malcolm, you're getting a great team up there, but slow down a bit please!

RIP MIck Doyle.

"The man who stood toe to toe with the Stretford End" - AND WON, loving every minute of it!!!

I was privileged to both see him play most of his matches for the Blues, and meet him several times. A great guy, a true blue, and the sort of player every fan wanted to be, if they'd had the chance and ability.

Joe and Malcolm, you're getting a great team up there, but slow down a bit please!

RIP MIck Doyle.

'Once a Blue, always a Blue'....

If that line was ever intended to be about one person then that person was Mike Doyle.

RIP Mike

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.