RIP MIKE DOYLE

Still got an autographed 1st edition of his book: Manchester City - My Team on my bookshelf.
My footballing hero when I was a schoolboy and then a teenager.
I'll never forget him referring to Newcastle as a bunch of "Fanny Merchants" when they interviewed him and Tony Book after City beat Boro in the semis of the League Cup in 1976,and they were discussing the prospects of playing Newcastle in the Final.
R.I.P Mike Doyle.

Was in the scoreboard end,in the day, at Maine Road and a fan was heckling City defenders as the opposition was getting ready to take a corner, and it could be clearly heard.Mike Doyle turned towards the guy who was heckling,gave him an absolute mouthful in earshot of all in the vicinity,then got on with the game.Not a word from the heckler the whole match.RIP Mike Doyle.Hard but fair.

He played in a superb central defensive partnership with Dave Watson. Though Watson was better known and had more caps, Doyle was slightly the better player in that partnership and usually marked the more dangerous forward.

May he rest in peace.

hmblue said:
RIP Mike - You will always be my hero.

Mike was a hero alongside Colin and Tony.

What a great side we had in those days.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEfxfO9oWz0[/youtube]<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:40 pm --<br /><br />
manclad said:
Still got an autographed 1st edition of his book: Manchester City - My Team on my bookshelf.
My footballing hero when I was a schoolboy and then a teenager.
I'll never forget him referring to Newcastle as a bunch of "Fanny Merchants" when they interviewed him and Tony Book after City beat Boro in the semis of the League Cup in 1976,and they were discussing the prospects of playing Newcastle in the Final.
R.I.P Mike Doyle.

Happy memories except for Colin's injury: -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGNgS-DPJcY[/youtube]

A legend, A proper Blue.

Your name will always have particular resonance for me...

RIP Mike Doyle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.