Rishi Sunak

If Sunak had any political nouse he would bury Johnson 20 ft deep in this inquiry.

Obviously this is currently questions on process rather than details or specific decisions.
I think he's being careful but without too much obfuscation so far. At least there are sentences being formed.
He pretty much started with "provide info for the PM to decide about".

He may be torn - burying Johnson will wind up the Johnsonites.

Obviously this is currently questions on process rather than details or specific decisions.
I think he's being careful but without too much obfuscation so far. At least there are sentences being formed.

and? I doubt he can do any more harm to his Party and his reputation now

This is Sunak's comfort zone at the moment - a technocrat discussing process.
At no point has he been chided for waffle, distraction, etc.

The decisions part is presumably this afternoon.

Looks like he’s doing pretty much what you suggest and trying to set a moderate tone.

The issue with that is that when nearly every other person/dept who was part of these processes says it was a shit show and you’re maintaining that “it was fine”, you start to look complicit.

Looks like he’s doing pretty much what you suggest and trying to set a moderate tone.

The issue with that is that when nearly every other person/dept who was part of these processes says it was a shit show and you’re maintaining that “it was fine”, you start to look complicit.

From what I recall, the scientists and civil servants have one view; the politicians have the other.

I think it's inevitable that there would be a divide, and that is really the whole point of the inquiry - how to make things work better when needed again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.