Rishi Sunak

Who said it barely missed a beat?

So, the home of the second biggest financial centre in the World had the most expensive support package?

Suggesting that Labour were in any way uniquely bad in their handling of the 2008 crash is just cheap politics.
The notion that if the Tories been in power at the time of the crash that they would have regulated the banks more is preposterous.

They want to deregulate everything and we’d have been hit far worse.

Can somebody please give us some decent debate on what Sunak and the Conservative Party are delivering, instead of inane references to the past?

We should learn from the past but it’s all about the now and what the future holds?
If only there was something to discuss.

I would genuinely love to see what they have achieved over 13+ years. I think most past governments of all persuasions could come up with a few things, but I'm genuinely flummoxed with the current Government.

I've seen a list with Getting Brexit Done on it, but the longer away we get from that the more polling suggests even its supporters don't believe it got done.

Free school meals - but that was the Lib Dems insisting.

A few Tory MPs have lists, but they mostly appear to be bigging up a slow increase in services to levels below where they started.

Genuinely interested if people can add to the list.

Who said it barely missed a beat?

So, the home of the second biggest financial centre in the World had the most expensive support package?

Suggesting that Labour were in any way uniquely bad in their handling of the 2008 crash is just cheap politics.
I think someone a few posts back said that the UK wasn’t even in the top 30 most affected countries. Don’t happen to know who said that do you?

I think someone a few posts back said that the UK wasn’t even in the top 30 most affected countries. Don’t happen to know who said that do you?
In terms of drop in GDP between 2007-2009, they weren't in the top 30.

Ps. Do you have any achievements you could add to the list of Tory successes since 2010? Feels like you're the person to ask.

Yeah, the UK did great during the financial crisis.

Strange then that the UK government had to provide the largest and most expensive support package to its financial sector in the whole of the G20, and that as a share of GDP this package was almost three times the size of the EU average. And that the upfront financing of this in the bond markets was also larger in the UK than in any other G20 economy. Or in fact that public sector net debt went from 40% of GDP in 2007 to 140 % of GDP in 2008.
Now you're just making stuff up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.