Rishi Sunak

Had the more complete footage been aired from the start, nobody would be talking about it. Now we’re in a situation where you’re pushing a manufactured grievance because you still can’t accept that the footage aired first was misleading.

Only in the same way that you claimed the original was clipped up when it clearly was not - SKY had their footage how do they air ITN's footage? In neither case does Sunak come out of it well - in any event your beloved Tories are heading into the abyss and I will accept thats not all on any love for Starmers Labour its about the way they have fucked everyone and the country over and the lies and deceit and outright thievery and I for one hope I never live to see them in power again

Anyone objective watching this, particularly the longer version, wouldn’t have a problem with the exchange. He spoke to her, shook hands, end of story.

All that’s happened is that you and the usual motley crew on here have worked yourselves into a frenzy on the back of a bit of fake news.

You’ve all been manipulated, chiefly because you can’t wait to jump on a bandwagon and hate people that you have a different opinion to. You do it all day, everyday. And because you can’t accept that you’re wrong - and, by the way, that I’m right - you now have to deny the reality of the situation and manufacture a fake grievance about something that frankly didn’t happen.
Ah, bless

Good grief. Listen to the presumably local Tory woman at the end, "We're about to put a billion pounds into the NHS in Winchester" - which turns out to be "up to £900 million in the NHS across Hampshire", most to be spent in Basingstoke (which "may" get a new hospital). So patients and NHS staff in Winchester are worried about moving services 20 miles away. A petition to keep the A&E at Winchester already has around 15,000 signatures, with residents voicing concerns about the danger to life, the distance (30 minutes on blue lights) and how patients and visitors will be able to travel to Basingstoke (not least as Southampton is nearer).

And Sunak claimed the junior doctors' strikes added 150,000 to the waiting list. Where did the other 98% on the 7.75m waiting list come from? Some of that will be from operations cancelled because junior doctors have sacked off the poor pay and conditions in the NHS and gone off to work abroad.

Do carry on if you think you can win an argument with Labour about the NHS. I look forward to your updated list of "40 new hospitals"...
The number of people on the waiting list has roughly doubled since the pandemic and the median waiting time has increased by around 50% over the same period. Clearly the situation needs to be improved but you would have to be living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that the pandemic hasn’t inflated the figures, and no matter how much you’ll refuse to accept it, industrial action in the NHS adds to the waiting lists.

One thing that has helped to tackle the backlog caused by the pandemic is the use of private hospitals for scans etc, where capacity is available. However, I note that this approach has often led to outrage on these very same pages, so presumably you’re against this particular policy and wouldn’t use the private sector at all as a means to reduce the backlog.

The irony of all of this is that Labour’s policy towards the NHS - once you look through all the arm waving - offers very little in terms of new funding and resources. Of course, the non-dom tax makes an appearance here, but given that this money has also been committed to numerous other policy initiatives, I wouldn’t count on this making a difference.

Only in the same way that you claimed the original was clipped up when it clearly was not - SKY had their footage how do they air ITN's footage? In neither case does Sunak come out of it well - in any event your beloved Tories are heading into the abyss and I will accept thats not all on any love for Starmers Labour its about the way they have fucked everyone and the country over and the lies and deceit and outright thievery and I for one hope I never live to see them in power again
Once again, don’t let hate consume you. It clouds your judgement.

MV5BMzRlMzE5YWMtZmRkZi00NTEyLWI4NGMtZGFmYjAyY2U0ZmZiL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzAxNDYxOTA@._V1_.jpg

I found the interaction kind of a weird mix of sad but also funny.

This lady with very genuine concerns trying to get a straight answer out of a tiny man awkwardly shuffling away with his entourage (for whatever reason it doesn’t really matter to me).

But the way he interacts and tries to show sympathy to ordinary people is a bit like an alien wearing a skinsuit who has only ever read about human interactions in books. I know people joked about May-bot but this guy is like Rishi Zurg from Alpha Centauri.

I found the interaction kind of a weird mix of sad but also funny.

This lady with very genuine concerns trying to get a straight answer out of a tiny man awkwardly shuffling away with his entourage (for whatever reason it doesn’t really matter to me).

But the way he interacts and tries to show sympathy to ordinary people is a bit like an alien wearing a skinsuit who has only ever read about human interactions in books. I know people joked about May-bot but this guy is like Rishi Zurg from Alpha Centauri.
For such a small man he manages to look down on people quite a lot.
But some will tell us that you shouldn’t judge him on this misconstrued encounter, which is quite right.
We should judge him on his record in government over several years.
A much clearer picture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.