Rishi Sunak

I am afraid I cannot take seriously anything which comes out of the mouth of a man who wears trousers that make his legs look like spindles. That is not misandristic just realistic.
He is worth a fortune yet can’t get a good tailor who could make suits that fit or trousers that disguise his spindles.

The other reasons I can’t take him seriously is that I feel there is no real empathy in the man for the plight of the people of this country. All he seems to be interested in is getting asylum seekers/immigrants to Rwanda.

Plus I don’t believe a word that comes out of his lying mouth.
Finally, he is a Tory so really I should have opened with that and there would have been no need for the rest of my rant!

Apologies fellow Blues I will go back to my hibernation now. :-) :-)
Possibly the first time misandristic has appeared on Bluemoon. - Nice one @Eccles Blue.

To shape the future, not necessarily for the people.

Thing is he must be dreading tomorrow when the merry-go-round of negativity begins again. Imagine being that wealthy and being married to a wealthy woman and having had the lifestyle he had why would he do it ? What motivates him? He gets no thanks and is clearly made petulant by that - he could just walk away and live a happy privileged life anywhere he wanted to. Baffles me. I can see why Johnson did it - he thought he was born to do it - a new Churchill and a massive ego but Sunak?

Thing is he must be dreading tomorrow when the merry-go-round of negativity begins again. Imagine being that wealthy and being married to a wealthy woman and having had the lifestyle he had why would he do it ? What motivates him? He gets no thanks and is clearly made petulant by that - he could just walk away and live a happy privileged life anywhere he wanted to. Baffles me. I can see why Johnson did it - he thought he was born to do it - a new Churchill and a massive ego but Sunak?
I'm he's doing it for altruistic purposes....

....For his family.

His wife has made some more cash from his time as PM.

It’s the grandiose of being the head person in British politics. He doesn’t really care about the public and can’t even really relate to any of his fellow Tories, and that’s why he’s having so many issues with all the various factions within there.

What is notable is that he only seems to care about us when we have the opportunity to turf him out, offering bungs so that we see him and this government in a new light, when all the while our national infrastructure and services crumbles around us.

The likes of Sunak will never really understand what it is to be a citizen of the UK, or even to be an MP trying to solve the issues.

I don't think anyone, not even a reincarnated Thatcher, Churchill or Disraeli, could successfully manage the present Conservative Party.

You see they are too broad a coalition. On the one hand, you have the One Nation types, who keep a low profile but are the biggest single group. They have their red lines and leaving the ECHR is one of them.

On the other hand, you have several, broadly right-wing, disparate groups who make an awful lot of noise and generally talk populist shite that cannot be fulfilled. These groups all disagree on one question or the next - if this were not the case, they would unite as one bloc.

Then there is a division between those Tories who want a small state and low taxes and those (mainly from the North) who want billions spent on infrastructure. (Either because they believe in it or because they know it's what their voters want and expect.)

While it's tempting to blame Sunak (who is not nearly as effective as I thought he would be when he was chosen) I'm not sure anyone else could do better given their internal divisions. To genuinely unite such a party is nigh impossible.

can never be repeated enough - HE is shit at politics - his team is shit at politics and they are clueless about what to do - the abyss beckons for the Tories - someone keep an eye of Brewster and Mexico

If he truly wanted to appease the will of the people he would call a GE as most people I talk to say that is their will and, I suspect that is a common theme across the country

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.