Rishi Sunak

TBF I doubt too many people would think of going to pharmacist so even if it is a rehash (not sure it is or isn’t) if it makes people more aware of it as an option then it’s a worthwhile “announcement”.

I’ll just pull you up when you say they have no medical training, that is a little unfair. Part of their qualification includes clinical examination skills.
Would you expect a woman to lift up her shirt and show her rib and bust area to a pharmacist who is not a qualifield dr or nurse ? Part of their training is looking at rashes and atheletes foot etc and they cant diagnose uti or shingles without an examination

All I can see coming from this is almighty queues forming inside Pharmacy shops and people waiting for prescriptions having to wait longer until the Pharmacist is free to release he prescription
Pushing people towards deliveroo style prescription deliveries and overcharging them for the service.

All I can see coming from this is almighty queues forming inside Pharmacy shops and people waiting for prescriptions having to wait longer until the Pharmacist is free to release he prescription
And people getting irate when they are told to see their doctor. Unless the number of pharmacists are greatly bolstered this will be chaos , another reason sunaks lies are unforgivable , messing with peoples health

And people getting irate when they are told to see their doctor. Unless the number of pharmacists are greatly bolstered this will be chaos , another reason sunaks lies are unforgivable , messing with peoples health
He's ok though.

He's got access to whatever he wants whenever he wants. In his head so do we and doesn't understand why we complain all the time.

He has an incurable case of affluenza.

Would you expect a woman to lift up her shirt and show her rib and bust area to a pharmacist who is not a qualifield dr or nurse ? Part of their training is looking at rashes and atheletes foot etc and they cant diagnose uti or shingles without an examination
To be fair I went to my Pharmacist to get my suspected shingles looked at in 2022.
The examination was done quickly and sensitively in a private area and the suspicion was confirmed and I was sent to A and E for quick treatment.
It was loads better than having to wait for a GP appointment, plus having had a baby and smears over the years I am past being embarrassed about anything really lol.

That already happens at our chemists every Bank Holiday because they re short-staffed - huge queues of grumpy folks trying to get their prescription. But they are able to recruit bouncers to manage the queue so I expect that the next Tory manifesto will tell you to see the bouncer about your ailments. He will then tell you to piss off and that way the waiting list reduces...

I don’t disagree but I would say they’d happily do it to a HCA who isn’t qualified. I guess it’s as much to do with the setting as the person examining them - and that’s not a criticism. I’d also presume the pharmacist would be paid a few pennies for their advice and they’d be some sort of oversight and audit.

If you know you need to be examined in that way I would still expect that person to go to their GPs as normal - what this should do is free up people like me who need a course of antibiotics or something from taking up a GP appointment- if it doesn’t clear it then I go see my GP. I recently had an infection that the GP diagnosed over a phone consultation, something a pharmacist could equally do I am sure.

That already happens at our chemists every Bank Holiday because they re short-staffed - huge queues of grumpy folks trying to get their prescription. But they are able to recruit bouncers to manage the queue so I expect that the next Tory manifesto will tell you to see the bouncer about your ailments. He will then tell you to piss off and that way the waiting list reduces...

Just like the GP receptionists then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.