Rishi Sunak

This announcement today about pharmacies is a con , most of it plus lots of every other services have been done by pharmacies for years , it looks good in an election year but it wont do what sunak has stated in his tweet and end the eight am rush for appts , blatant fucking lie
I actually had an insect bite that I went to the pharmacist with, they gave me some cream that didn't work. Went to the doctors and they spotted straight away it was infected and needed anti-.biotics I'm sure pharmacists can give good advice but they can't spot what a doctor can.

I actually had an insect bite that I went to the pharmacist with, they gave me some cream that didn't work. Went to the doctors and they spotted straight away it was infected and needed anti-.biotics I'm sure pharmacists can give good advice but they can't spot what a doctor can.

There is a new girl in the branch of Boots I go to. Lovely lass - before Xmas she worked at B&M. I am happy to take her advice on garden furniture no so much on inner ear infections

There is a new girl in the branch of Boots I go to. Lovely lass - before Xmas she worked at B&M. I am happy to take her advice on garden furniture no so much on inner ear infections

Good job you will be speaking to a highly trained professional pharmacist then and not your pal from B&M.

Once again you’re either showing your complete ignorance of the planned initiative or simply talking bollocks for the sake of it.

I must admit it’s hard to judge which is the case.

Many serious illness have symptoms in common with a mild illness, a bad back can be cancer. Is a pharmacist as qualified in spotting the difference as early as a doctor can, no they aren't that's why they are pharmacists not doctors.

Medicine is a process of elimination - your GP (or practice physio who you’d most likely see for something like back pain) will likely prescribe pain relief anyway as a first port of call. Only if that didn’t help would they look at other potential causes. I’m sure the pharmacist would sign post people to their GPs if the symptoms persisted.

It’s sticking plasters over gaping wounds. It will do nothing with regard to the availability of GP appointments or GP’s for that matter.

Rather than tackling the problem it’s about redistributing the problem to other parts of the Health service and waiting for the usual suspects to applaud the move and talk about people having to be more responsible for their health.

Next we will be issued with home surgery kits and an instruction film on YouTube.
You’ve directly contradicted yourself here, all in the space of two sentences.

If you don’t think that it will reduce the pressures on GP appointments, and you think that people will continue to go to their GPs, then why should the initiative simply redistribute the problem to other areas of the health service? And if people do use other areas of the health service, then why wouldn’t that reduce the pressures on GP appointments?

Nobody is suggesting that the initiative is going to single-handedly solve the problem of GP appointments, rather that for a specific list of ailments, people can choose to go to their pharmacy and still receive a prescribed drug if they wish rather than having to go to their GP.

Is there any none biased information relating to the pharmacy? Mine is always busy as they have post office services at the same till and one person manning it all. Wondering what incentive the pharmacists receive for the extra work? After the experience my mrs just had in A&E with a kidney infection at 34 weeks pregnant having to wait 9 hours with a load of pissheads, mentally ill and timewasters anything has to be better than what we currently have!

Good job you will be speaking to a highly trained professional pharmacist then and not your pal from B&M.
Pharmacist are not medically trained , they train in medicines and can give you basic advice and products , most people know what to ask for for basic conditions

I see one thing is uncomplicated uti's in women , a uti can quickly turn into a kidney infection if not treated properly first time , they cant examine you to see if it has spread to the kidneys which is very serious , there will be loads of misdiagnosis from your pharmacist imo

No pharmacists aren’t doctors and that’s why the new initiative only relates to a specific number of relatively minor ailments, such as earache or an infected insect bite.

Believe it or not pharmacists won’t be treating people with a bad back or a heart condition.

List of ailments as you state.

• Sinusitis
• Sore throat
• Earache
• Infected insect bites
• Impetigo
• Shingles
• Uncomplicated urinary tract infections in women under 65

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.