Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have the buy of the summer. He may take a couple of extra weeks as his pre seasons been a little messed up. Awesome for us in 15/16. But since then his stats have still been top end. But everyone we play double team him.

No one can afford to do that with you. If he gets the games I expect him to get 35 plus goals/assists for you this season. Don't be surprised next summer when Barca Real start sniffing round. Once they've seen him for you they'll want him.

Welcome to our club Riyad - our mid/wing is awesomely talented - and too, our manager will likely keep the status quo until it's apparent that a change might be needed.

I expect that Riyad will work his way into our preferred starting 11 - and this can only be good for our team.

You guys have the buy of the summer. He may take a couple of extra weeks as his pre seasons been a little messed up. Awesome for us in 15/16. But since then his stats have still been top end. But everyone we play double team him.

No one can afford to do that with you. If he gets the games I expect him to get 35 plus goals/assists for you this season. Don't be surprised next summer when Barca Real start sniffing round. Once they've seen him for you they'll want him.
Who would you see him shifting from,what you might consider,our current best 11? Or if that isnt easy to answer,where does he do his best work?

Wonder how many free kicks he will score for us. He looks deadly from them.
If Debryune let's him have a go that is. And I'm sure Sane is already gunning for 2nd spot.

But Mahrez will get his chance.

Who would you see him shifting from,what you might consider,our current best 11? Or if that isnt easy to answer,where does he do his best work?

His best work for us was on the right wing. Either cutting inside or threading balls through for Vardy. He can and will drift anywhere across the line and swap sides. A little hard to say who should be dropped as your so good. Also not knowing what roll Pep wants him to play.

I would think Pep has a starting roll for him though. Peps chased him hard and made him a club record. Even with your money 60m + is a lot to pay for a sub.

Anyway I wish him and you all the best for the season. We'll except in the obvious games that is. I expect you will all be foxes for our opening game against the rags.

His best work for us was on the right wing. Either cutting inside or threading balls through for Vardy. He can and will drift anywhere across the line and swap sides. A little hard to say who should be dropped as your so good. Also not knowing what roll Pep wants him to play.

I would think Pep has a starting roll for him though. Peps chased him hard and made him a club record. Even with your money 60m + is a lot to pay for a sub.

Anyway I wish him and you all the best for the season. We'll except in the obvious games that is. I expect you will all be foxes for our opening game against the rags.
Thanks again and best of luck,smash the rags please.

Hi,

Algerian fan here and longtime follower of RM.

I just want to clarify that Mahrez's direct FK ability is not as good as many people on here think. In his 4-5 years Leicester he only scored around three direct freekicks (most notably VS Brugge in the UCL group stage and the late 96 minute equalizer VS Bournemouth).

Mahrez might take on FK duty but only in crossing territory IMO.

Hi,

Algerian fan here and longtime follower of RM.

I just want to clarify that Mahrez's direct FK ability is not as good as many people on here think. In his 4-5 years Leicester he only scored around three direct freekicks (most notably VS Brugge in the UCL group stage and the late 96 minute equalizer VS Bournemouth).

Mahrez might take on FK duty but only in crossing territory IMO.
De Bruyne doesn't score many direct ones either, Yaya and Kolarov were always our men for that, so he'll get a chance with them I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.