Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this in the match thread a couple of times, but Mahrez seems more a successor to David than Bernardo atm.

In all three friendlies he's played in the KDB position, and each time he's looked increasingly like the part. Beyond my expectations too!

Bernardo when he's played has had moments in the centre but has spent most of the time playing the role he did last year as the right winger.

I'll admit I've stated in the past I'm not sure Bernardo is the guy who'll play the David Silva role one day, but I never though I'd say it'd be Mahrez instead

There was a spell last season he played behind the striker for Leicester and was superb, may even have been what convinced us he had the intelligence and awareness to go for him. Think he'll definitely be played centrally at times for us. The weight he puts on through passes is as good as De Bruyne.

Probably out for about a 3 weeks. He’s got his move, I didn’t think we needed him after his petulance and throwing his toys out the pram at Leicester.
I really hope he turns it around. If he starts thinking he’s the next coming, he might be in for a shock.
Please prove me wrong Riyad.

Probably out for about a 3 weeks. He’s got his move, I didn’t think we needed him after his petulance and throwing his toys out the pram at Leicester.
I really hope he turns it around. If he starts thinking he’s the next coming, he might be in for a shock.
Please prove me wrong Riyad.
What the fuck. He’s looked great in preseason. Before his injury last night he was putting a real shift in, dispossessing the Bayern players in their own half, etc.

What the fuck. He’s looked great in preseason. Before his injury last night he was putting a real shift in, dispossessing the Bayern players in their own half, etc.

That was against a disjointed Bayern. His real test will be in the PL, he has the class most definitely, just hope he can stay out of the treatment room and deliver on the field. It’s going to be interesting to see how he “slots in” because he will not want to be a rotational player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.