Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong,i loved him whilst he was here and spent the whole time sticking up for him
But again, that's you. That's only your experience. Look through any thread about him during his time here (especially in the early days) and I imagine you'll see as much criticism as Mahrez is currently getting.

Pep just doing his job but I think he has previous for continuing to play under performing payers eg a certain goalkeeper.

We all hope he comes good but as before Pep decides the team and frankly I think he may be slightly better at it than the majority on this forum.

To be fair, that goalkeeper was only a disaster with the benefit of hindsight. It would have seemed a decent decision at the time. Nobody had reason to suspect he’d completely turn to shit. Once committed, Pep didn’t have too many options.

He has more options with Mahrez, although I wouldn’t class Mahrez as remotely in the same car crash league as Bravo.

But again, that's you. That's only your experience. Look through any thread about him during his time here (especially in the early days) and I imagine you'll see as much criticism as Mahrez is currently getting.
Lot's of player become boo boys,if it's a player not doing their job like with bravo not saving shots then that is what irks people but players who are doing their job like Edin and to a point Riyad(goals and assists quite good)then i don't quite get it,they are human not robots
Riyad needs a season to learn what pep wants,pep himself says some get it straight away and others take time or not at all
I don't think i ever boo'd a player at the game, but then i was pissed half the time, and i don't understand what fans think they are going to achieve,the players give it back and the fans start crying

To be fair, that goalkeeper was only a disaster with the benefit of hindsight. It would have seemed a decent decision at the time. Nobody had reason to suspect he’d completely turn to shit. Once committed, Pep didn’t have too many options.

He has more options with Mahrez, although I wouldn’t class Mahrez as remotely in the same car crash league as Bravo.

The signing, deemed failure or not, lay the foundation in terms of how he wanted the team to play, that was impossible under hart and essential to hitting the ground running when Eddie came in...

If only he’d gone straight to Eddie...

Indeed, but a foundation none the less....

Herman is the fundamental part to the machine in my opinion, not just because of the incredible technical ability but also the uncertainty he puts in the opposition, ‘damned if they do, damned if they don’t’

Anyway, it’s the Mahrez thread so I’ll add, again, he needs to get some muscle mass and rapid!

If only he’d gone straight to Eddie...

I'm glad he didn't, the issues we faced were as much about our defence's incompetence in playing out from the back as they were Bravo's inability to save a shot. By the time Ederson came in we had fine tuned our passing game which allowed Ederson to slot in seamlessly.

On the Dzeko subject I remember him getting a lot of stick on here. I also remember the Bosnian fan club coming on here defending him even after some of his worst performances.

I would never boo any City player at a match - it’s counter productive. I will criticise players on a forum - both Mahrez and Dzeko for different reasons. With Dzeko he could be an excellent finisher but I remember some games when we were losing you would see him walking around the pitch and it was frustrating to watch.

I think Mahrez needs more time to adjust to our system. We have many games coming up but every game is critical and we can’t afford passengers - so I would only play him when we need to rest our best players. It’s not good for his confidence or to help his integration but that’s the reality of the situation.

I wonder if Pep will trust Riyad on Wednesday. If he doesn't it possibly signals a Summer transfer? It's a game you'd think he should start and could do well but I wonder if Pep trusts him to perform. It will be interesting to see, I'm thinking he'll put Bernardo in the centre, rest David, and start with Sane and Mahrez but will he drop Raz? Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.