Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to go with the flow. Some players hit the ground running while others need time. I wasn’t impressed with Bernardo for much of last season but happily acknowledge he was a great signing.

Like warm to this guy so far. He’s got the skill, that much is clear. But the set up he thrived in couldn’t have been more different to ours, hope he gets to grip soon. In a big game I’d much rather see the Sane Sterling pairing than shoe horn Mahrez right now

Just rewatched the game and he thought he was absolutely OK against Newcastle. Shame he didn't put in his one solid chance before Sterling's goal but a good 7/10 game overall still. Some lovely touches and through balls, couldn't do the final move when dribbling past the defenders but still.

He hasn't done a lot either way, good or bad but he'll come good i'm sure.

Happy to go with the flow. Some players hit the ground running while others need time. I wasn’t impressed with Bernardo for much of last season but happily acknowledge he was a great signing.
tend to agree, Bernardo hit the ground running this season, hopefully mahrez just needs time to bed in

He seems to be trying too hard to impress, unless it’s him having a few problems adjusting to Peps game plan. I want him to be as deadly as he was at Leicester, it’s just going to take a few games I suppose.

Just rewatched the game and he thought he was absolutely OK against Newcastle. Shame he didn't put in his one solid chance before Sterling's goal but a good 7/10 game overall still. Some lovely touches and through balls, couldn't do the final move when dribbling past the defenders but still.
Agreed. Just rewatched all our games. And he was particularly good against Newcastle.

Moraes
Stones Kompany Laporte
Walker Bernado Fernandinho Silva Mendy
Aguero Sane​

He seems to be trying too hard to impress, unless it’s him having a few problems adjusting to Peps game plan. I want him to be as deadly as he was at Leicester, it’s just going to take a few games I suppose.

Trying too hard and also too much information in his head. Our style is completely different to Leicester. Could of had 3-4 goals already but he’s not his usual self yet. Once he settles into the style he’s going to be amazing. I say by January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.