Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be great,we spent a fortune on him for a reason after all,he needs to learn a completely different way to play and find his place in a settled centurian team and that will take time,in reality he has hardly played yet
Agree. He looks a bit lost at the moment and unsure what to do but it will click for him, he has way too much quality for it not to. He’s had a couple of shots and if any had gone in maybe it would’ve given him that confidence to kick on.

All he’s offered so far is a check inside and play a square ball. Horrible feeling we have another Bony on our hands. I was against the signing in the first place as it’s also one less chance for Diaz to break through plus I was never sure we actually needed him. 28 soon too so not get any younger.

You shouldn’t need time to adapt when you cost a record £60m.

All he’s offered so far is a check inside and play a square ball. Horrible feeling we have another Bony on our hands. I was against the signing in the first place as it’s also one less chance for Diaz to break through plus I was never sure we actually needed him. 28 soon too so not get any younger.

I think it could go either way. He's definitely talented but whether or not he will fit in is a different story. Hopefully he does and it's early days but personally I'd rather the likes of Diaz got a chance as I'm not convinced we really needed Mahrez

I told you guys we should have signed Zaha instead. Smh.

Jokes. He’s fine. The minutes will be divied out fairly evenly by the end. For now he needs to be a sub and probably start the Oxford game until he acquires more training with us.

I would like to see him take more free kicks, when he's on. He needs to get his confidence going. He's got a great delivery from set pieces, there's nothing like goals for increasing your confidence

I'm sorry this is nonsense a fee doesn't sort out adaptability. £60M is a lot of money but in the era of fees for Neymar, Pogba, Coutinho, Van Djik etc. it is not exorbitant.
Every one of our other midfielders/ attacking midfielders Silva's, Sterling, Sane etc with the possible exception of KDB have taken time to settle, why not afford the same time to Mahrez?

He hardly saw the ball the first 10mins he was on. and that was partly down to the fact that Gundogan doesn't have the range of passes the rest of our midfield has. Has he done more in his time on the pitch than Foden has in his very short 8mins? Cameo? Probably but not much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.