Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
came good yesterday, hopefully he will get better. a slow burner for me, taking time to bed into our style of play. Difficult for a pace man when there's a 10 man defence

That may be the breakthough for him.

There is no doubting his talent, but he has completely failed to be worth consideration as a first team player this season & could have no complaints about not playing. Pep clearly spotted something in the run up to this game though & gave him his chance.

Even allowing for all the talk about how it 'wasn't working' with him on the left, he still put a cross in which was better than the one Liverpool scored from. On the right, he was just as dangerous as Bernardo Silva usually is, which is a huge compliment.

Now he needs to do it regularly. He could get 20 goals & 20 assists in this team if he got his act together.

De Bruyne to Mahrez connection will be deadly next season on counter attacks. His best is yet to come. His ability on the ball speaks for itself. Tremendous individual talent who will be soon transformed into an incredible talent within the team's system. Came up huge. MoTM. I'm pretty sure he was fasting (don't know for sure) and he was brilliant. Tracked back today really well too at times.

Mahrez posted on his twitter this:

“Through the ups & downs, always believe ... it's just the beginning”

I’m sure he is fully aware of his performances levels and he is still getting used to the system. Will shine next season. Unbelievable technical ability. Best first touch in the squad just edging Bernardo for me.

I think a lot of people became too fixated on his penalty miss against Liverpool. Stupider mistakes over the course of the season from other players cost us easier points but people were queueing up to lay the blame at Mahrez's door should we have failed to win the league. More than played his part yesterday though and scored the goal that let us finally feel we were over the line.

It's fair to say he hasn't hit the heights we would have hoped but he did chip in with some important goals and hopefully his performance yesterday will put him on track for next season.

I was just as shocked to see him on the team sheet yesterday but he repaid that faith in spades his goal was superb, lets hope to see many more performances like that. I'm detecting some large slices of humble pie being taken after yesterday

He took his opportunity yesterday and put in a motm performance. That took guts and personality. You can see how well loved he is by the rest of the squad by their celebrations with him after his goal. He will be like a new signing next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.