Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assisted the second and scored the third. I called the goal in the pre-match thread. I still think he's brainless, that is what's keeping him from adapting to the system of play, but I think he'll feature regularly next season 8-)

Did well under tremendous pressure. If he had a poor game and cost us the league I can't imagine how he would recover.

Instead, is behind our rare corner goal and then uses what "everyone knows" he will do against them, breaking ankles NBA style, with a brilliant goal, that I also think surprised the keeper (who should have done better, sure).

Revived his chance to make something of himself here even if I know some fans are still done.

He'll be back and Pep now looking justified for choosing him today.

A few of our players have said he's the most technically gifted in the squad. His first touch is unreal and he's got a great shooting technique. He's had a season to bed in and learn Pep's philosophy, another pre-season and I think we'll see a Mahrez much more in tune with his teammates. Look at what Pep has done with Sterling, he's not the most skilful or the best finisher in the world but Pep has made him a more intelligent player and he now knows when to time his runs to get those trademark tap ins we score so often. I don't see why the same can't happen with Mahrez next season, he's got all the ability in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.