Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used his right foot a hell of a lot more than usual today, not just for the goal... it made him a lot less predictable. Looks like it’s something they’ve been working on.

A few of our players have said he's the most technically gifted in the squad. His first touch is unreal and he's got a great shooting technique. He's had a season to bed in and learn Pep's philosophy, another pre-season and I think we'll see a Mahrez much more in tune with his teammates. Look at what Pep has done with Sterling, he's not the most skilful or the best finisher in the world but Pep has made him a more intelligent player and he now knows when to time his runs to get those trademark tap ins we score so often. I don't see why the same can't happen with Mahrez next season, he's got all the ability in the world.
Please don't spoil this thread with too much sense.

Bernardo SIlva and Riyadh Mahrez's first season have nothing in common.

If you think they do, then I don't believe you watched either season.

League games started after Christmas -

Bernardo 17/18 - 11
Mahrez 18/19 - 4 (including the one he got hooked 5 mins after half time he was so bad).

Games where Bernardo was not used last season - 4.
Games where Mahrez was not used this season - 17.

Mahrez just sat on the bench for 7 games in a row. Want to know how many consecutive games Bernardo was on the bench for last season? 0.

The two are not similar at all. Despite coming into a foreign league, not one he'd played in for 5 years, and despite being just 22, by December of his first season, Bernardo had become a player who was always involved in the team, he either started or was the first name off the bench.

I'll say it again, their two first seasons have nothing in common.

Absolutely not the same context.

Last ssn was perfect to fit a new player in the team, the title was pretty much won. This year, with Liverpool pushin, Pep had to put every time his best XI, players that are fit, suited to the system and maybe better in his mind. Sané for example had a worse treatment considering his involvement in 2017/18.

I think that next year we'll see a regular rotation, maybe even more if the team manages to assure the lead by 6 or 9 points.

What a strike-with his right boot! Excellent when switched to the right. Monkey well and truly off his back.

Not his biggest fan, but i thought he played ok yesterday and his goal was wonderful. Fingers crossed Pep can work his magic and get him playing at the top of his game next season.

Called Mahrez MOM in pre match thread, when most had FFS Mahrez or Mahrez FFS or FFS Pep.

Hes a good player in a great team. Like all players in our squad, on a good day he can turn a game.

We have some world class individual players in our squad. Pep has a squad of players to choose

from to select a team. Sane and Mahrez currently get less gametime than Sterling and Bernardo. It

wasnt long ago, that many on this Forum were saying Sterling should not be in any starting eleven.

It's great, that Mahrez, Gundogan, Foden, Kompany and Laporte have all now chipped in with goals

in the run in. We have a great squad playing great consistently high quality football. We just need

KDB fit for the full new season and a couple of new players in and we are ready to retain it again.

Did well under tremendous pressure. If he had a poor game and cost us the league I can't imagine how he would recover.

Instead, is behind our rare corner goal and then uses what "everyone knows" he will do against them, breaking ankles NBA style, with a brilliant goal, that I also think surprised the keeper (who should have done better, sure).

Revived his chance to make something of himself here even if I know some fans are still done.

He'll be back and Pep now looking justified for choosing him today.
Yeah and that leg over shimmy that he does was gone yesterday and a shorter dummy type movement sold his man, gave him more time to take his shot and get the crucial goal. Somebody has had a word

So pleased that he got the goal and an assist, that feint on the edge of the box was sublime. Still had me shouting at him frustrated a couple of times but the goal seemed to do him the world of good and thought he did his bit tracking back aswell.

Fingers crossed he takes that into next season and we see why we made him our record signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.