Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually thought Mahrez was superb yesterday and that was shown in that he didn’t get dragged for Sane it was Sterling who bit the dust who shrunk once again at Anfield.

Was constantly tracking back and doing his bit defensively and thought he was as threatening as he possibly could have been considering he was often subject to 2 and 3 men closing him down. I want my players to have the bollocks to take potentially the biggest penalty kick we will have all season, he didn’t cower away he had the nerve to take it and that’s good enough for me. No one misses on purpose it’s just the way of life, Gabby has missed his last 2 and Aguero even missed 2 in the same game before now. Mahrez will be a fantastic player for us and some fans and their comments towards him after last night are somewhat embarrassing but even more so they’re disturbing.

Overall I’m happy with yesterday, this early in the season Liverpool’s legs looked totally gone, the drop off in quality when they need to rest big players is WAY higher than ours. Saw enough to know that it’s between us and Chelsea this season.

He was probably our best attacker yesterday, which wasn’t hard to be seeing as Sterling and Sergio went missing again. Created our best chance of the game barring the penalty with his skill.

I think the main reason pep selected him yesterday is his ability to pass to a team mate under pressure. He is better than both sane and sterling at keeping hold of possession under pressure and in turn limited Liverpool’s ability to counter us.

I felt he played reasonably well on the day and can see a definite improvement.

Hope he gets a nice early goal against Burnley to get back any confidence he has lost.

I think the main reason pep selected him yesterday is his ability to pass to a team mate under pressure. He is better than both sane and sterling at keeping hold of possession under pressure and in turn limited Liverpool’s ability to counter us.

I felt he played reasonably well on the day and can see a definite improvement.

Hope he gets a nice early goal against Burnley to get back any confidence he has lost.

Agreed, felt he was our most dangerous attacker as the game went on. I think he was in good positions for the 3/4 shots he had and don't agree with some peoples comments that he should of passed to aguero as they said when he went low to the keepers left. Gabby must have only been on the pitch for 30 minutes and didn't have any shots so maybe that's why pep wanted Mahrez to hit it. (How many times have we seen a fresh sub come on and miss a penalty)

I wonder how well allision knows Gabby from the national team. He obviously knows where he feels most confident going and this could have been in peps head.

People jumping on Mahrez and giving him a lot of stick, everyone misses penaltys it's not the end of the world.(hopefully we don't lose out on a leauge by 2 points) it takes time to get used to peps tactics as we seen with leory and Silva. He's a terrific player and hopefully he I have no doubt he'll improve

So you don’t think he wanted it?

You think it was against his will?

Pep said he wanted to take it in his press conference. I’m gonna trust him over you and Dax sorry.
Did he now? Feel free to provide evidence of such a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.