Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see....followers divided by tweets is 927/6758 = Much less than 1 so very bad start.

Works for the BBC in Salford which is infested with the filth so minus 10,000 points

Once asked Stuart Pearce if he was ever intimidated.....probable tosser so minus 10,000 points.

Conclusion : probable red tweeting shite.

Mike is a Blue

The problem is there’s only hours left so can’t really play the long game of negotiating through the media. I’m sure behind closed doors the deal is either nearly done or we’ve walked away by now and the media is just not caught up.

I know it’s against the rules but wonder if he already snuck off to do a “just in case” medical?
11hour's left plenty of time.

He's already put in a transfer request in the summer, nothing has changed. We turned down the chance to sell him to Roma and he's come back and is in the form of his life. I'm going off what I've already seen, he knows very well that for clubs to be interested he has to perform.

It's not us you need to blame for overvaluing him, it's not us paying £50m for right backs or £57m for uncapped centre backs completely untried in this league. It's those with huge sums of money inflating the market and raising the price of all players.
Agree with nearly all that except the bit about "overvaluing" - a player is only worth what anyone will pay. VVD wasn't "overvalued", he was valued at 75m by Liverpool. I think Leicester hold the cards here, Mahrez may well have handed a request in, as did Coutinho at beginning of season, but if this doesn't go through, he'll soon be back in 1st team, putting a shift in.

Why would Leicester sell? He's one of, if not their very best player, someone who could help them win the cup, fight for top six. We have no divine right to buy anyone. All talk of a Leicester refusal hindering his progress is Billy Big Time bollocks and should rightly be frowned upon. Leicester have every right to tell us "no".

I don't see anyone paying 100 million for Mahrez barring the big two in Spain. 60 million is a fair price in my opinion but he is their player so they hold all the aces. If it doesn't happen I could see a Tevez situation where he goes AWOL citing depression.
I really don't think we're holding out for £100m, that just comes from the manager stating he could be a £100m at some point.

There is a middle ground to be reached, there are ways of smoothing the path considering there will be outstanding things from the Iheanacho transfer that can be used as a make way.

If Barca said KDB was too good for us would you think yeah true or you arrogant bastards!

Sometimes it's just better to think something, even if you really believe it to be true, because of the impression it creates.
I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking. No point hiding an opinion to save face.
Arrogant as it sounds, its true.

I'd say right now we are as good as Barcelona. Comparing us to Leicester is a Completely different argument. We are streets ahead.

I think we'll know one way or another early enough as City will distance themselves from a deal soon enough if it's not going to happen. Amy chance it does happen will see positive noises from the Leicester camp but that will have to start happening soon.

Agree with nearly all that except the bit about "overvaluing" - a player is only worth what anyone will pay. VVD wasn't "overvalued", he was valued at 75m by Liverpool. I think Leicester hold the cards here, Mahrez may well have handed a request in, as did Coutinho at beginning of season, but if this doesn't go through, he'll soon be back in 1st team, putting a shift in.

Why would Leicester sell? He's one of, if not their very best player, someone who could help them win the cup, fight for top six. We have no divine right to buy anyone. All talk of a Leicester refusal hindering his progress is Billy Big Time bollocks and should rightly be frowned upon. Leicester have every right to tell us "no".
I don't think Mahrez will be putting much of a shift in if they hold his career up, given the reasonbale amounts being bandied about and after all he's done for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.