Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking. No point hiding an opinion to save face.
Arrogant as it sounds, its true.

I'd say right now we are as good as Barcelona. Comparing us to Leicester is a Completely different argument. We are streets ahead.

I wasn't thinking it. I was just hoping we could get him.

Agree with nearly all that except the bit about "overvaluing" - a player is only worth what anyone will pay. VVD wasn't "overvalued", he was valued at 75m by Liverpool. I think Leicester hold the cards here, Mahrez may well have handed a request in, as did Coutinho at beginning of season, but if this doesn't go through, he'll soon be back in 1st team, putting a shift in.

Why would Leicester sell? He's one of, if not their very best player, someone who could help them win the cup, fight for top six. We have no divine right to buy anyone. All talk of a Leicester refusal hindering his progress is Billy Big Time bollocks and should rightly be frowned upon. Leicester have every right to tell us "no".
The point I'm trying to make is Liverpool didn't want to pay £75m, their first bid in the summer was nowhere near close. They then went back with another hugely increased bid in January. Do we really think they suddenly thought he was worth £25m more, or they realised to get the player they want they have to pay what saints wanted. Surely you don't think Saints should have taken the first offer below their valuation. Or Everton should have accepted the lower offers for Stones before they got what they wanted?

He's already put in a transfer request in the summer, nothing has changed. We turned down the chance to sell him to Roma and he's come back and is in the form of his life. I'm going off what I've already seen, he knows very well that for clubs to be interested he has to perform.

It's not us you need to blame for overvaluing him, it's not us paying £50m for right backs or £57m for uncapped centre backs completely untried in this league. It's those with huge sums of money inflating the market and raising the price of all players.

Alright steady on, its been great to have you here so far but the inflating the market thing is horseshit. A world in which Pogba is worth a world record transfer, Neymar is worth 200 million and VVD is worth 75 is a world in which 50 million is about the going rate for a top class young centre back. And the uncapped thing doesn't matter at all, international caps don't mean a bloody thing - would have thought a Leicester fan would have appreciated that after how long it took lads like Maguire and Drinkwater to get caps despite the form they are/were in. Frankly I'd rather all of our players were uncapped, international football is fucking shite.

Totally understand Leicester being aggy about this though. Is a bit of a dick move for us to come in late in the window and try and nick your best/joint best player and I imagine the constant speculation for about the last four windows is grating. Hell I know the Aguero rumours always are.

£50 million with 15 million in achievable add ons would be fair in my opinion. Maybe drop the buy back on Kelechi or something, any more than that is just getting a bit silly. You guys can ask for more but I hope we wouldn't pay it. Any more than that I would be disappointed we dropped our interest in Fred (for another position we desperately need cover in) and decided to choose the deadline day mystery box.

If KdB put in a transfer request folks on here would be demanding more than the coutinho fee. So it is a yardstick. We have also just paid nigh on 60m for a defender

In my view Leicester are well within their rights to want 70m for a guy who was POTY 18 months ago and who under Pep's tutelage could be a gamechanger for us.

Algeria aren't in Russia this summer so it's not like his value will shoot up if he has a great tournament, if that's what Leicester are thinking. They aren't going to be in relegation trouble and not in touching distance of a top 4 place. Likeliest outcome is getting 7th place and a Europa League spot. They've little to gain by keeping him.

If KdB put in a transfer request folks on here would be demanding more than the coutinho fee. So it is a yardstick. We have also just paid nigh on 60m for a defender

In my view Leicester are well within their rights to want 70m for a guy who was POTY 18 months ago and who under Pep's tutelage could be a gamechanger for us.
Two assists v Burnley guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.