Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he not entitled to a loyalty payment?

He asked to leave and Leicester said no. He retracted his request and stayed at the club.

Now he seems to be leaving on Leicester’s terms.

It’s very easy to always blame the player in situations like this but Mahrez has wanted to leave Leicester for the past 2 seasons now and they have refused to let him go. He’ll no doubt think he is entitled to a payment for not being allowed to leave.

So he wants a loyalty bonus because Leicester stopped him being disloyal? Twice?

Is that what loyalty looks like these days?

So he wants a loyalty bonus because Leicester stopped him being disloyal? Twice?

Is that what loyalty looks like these days?
No, your approach in the last transfer window was at best ‘cheeky’, very late on and perhaps designed to unsettle Mahrez. Even if this wasn’t the intention it was definitely the result.

If you were serious about getting him then, might I suggest a bid of £65 million plus would perhaps have got your man.

As others have said, if Mahrez was a Chelsea or Arsenal player you would have stumped up the asking price.

Not true, just like with Sanchez if an agent or player takes the piss and gets greedy we move on. The club has its valuation of players and we don't need to let clubs take the piss. We're not desperate, unlike our neighbours in Stretford.

No, your approach in the last transfer window was at best ‘cheeky’, very late on and perhaps designed to unsettle Mahrez. Even if this wasn’t the intention it was definitely the result.

If you were serious about getting him then, might I suggest a bid of £65 million plus would perhaps have got your man.

We first approached you the second week of January!

I know its dangerous to believe what's in the press but what was reported at the time was that Leicester wanted £90m for Mahrez in the January window which was clearly not going to happen.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...rges-late-man-city-transfer-target-leicester/

You keep commenting that Manchester City are undervaluing Mahrez but we will offer what we think it takes to get the player, and because he wants to leave that means that it is much less than what we would typically have to pay for a player of his quality. If it fails then City will have to reassess their offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.