Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should give them a deadline & walk away, seems all is in order apart from Leicester giving him a pay-off by all accounts.

They either do it & get a big wedge from us or don't and keep him.

You would have thought we would have learnt from Sanchez where dragging your heels get you

Probably not the best example to use...

A player that is now on unbelievable wages, struggling for performance and who wouldn’t make it in to our starting 11? I think we might have made exactly the right call on that one

One of those ridiculous situations... Leicester are happy to sell, we want to buy, the player is desperate to move, we're not that far apart on price...

Yet stubborness is wasting everyone's time. Could have had him in for pre-season.

Yeh you’re right, we should just pay whatever everyone asks. That sound strategy Seems to be working really well for United...

This stand-off works for City until such time as Mahrez gets a bit twitchy and worries it might not happen. Then he'll be asking his agent to look for other potential clubs. Txiki's approach is to lock the player into a 'gentleman agreement', make sure they are 100% committed to coming to City thus eliminated competition. If a player renegades on the gentleman's agreement then he'll be deemed not the right type of character to come to City unless he's called Laporte and changes his mind :)

Thing is, Mahrez has made it oh-so-clear that he wants out, at this point. Now Leicester could hold him to his contract, but I'll be truly astonished if he's still with them at the start of the season. So he will be somewhere else. I'd put good money on that. And we're his first port of call.
We need to be patient, and we're right to be patient. The club's handling this very well.

This stand-off works for City until such time as Mahrez gets a bit twitchy and worries it might not happen. Then he'll be asking his agent to look for other potential clubs. Txiki's approach is to lock the player into a 'gentleman agreement', make sure they are 100% committed to coming to City thus eliminated competition. If a player renegades on the gentleman's agreement then he'll be deemed not the right type of character to come to City unless he's called Laporte and changes his mind :)

Good point, Tixi is very big on player commitment to City as a starting point. It was reported that before Navas signed for us Tixi grilled him repeatedly about whether he was up for the cold weather, being away from home etc etc. He gave Navas many opportunities to back out of the move as a test. Sanchez wasn't committed in the end as it turned out as his ( his agent's) main motive ended up being $$$ and we didn't even entertain engaging in a bidding war, it was "see you later".
I think it is very sensible approach when you gamble millions on these commodities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.