Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It what world do you think a club that has had an opening bid of £50m, suddenly goes up by another £40m??? Don't be silly!!

World cup in the summer, makes it hard for deals to happen. New possible FFP rules might put a stop to transfer inflation. Its in the best interest of all sides to get this done now.

Silva is a wide player, he's played his entire fucking career out wide.

I think what you might mean is "he's not a pacey winger" but it does my head in seeing people either try and pretend, or just be ignorant to the fact the bloke has spent his entire career playing wide right.

And fabian Delph had played his entire career in central midfield, KDB was never a central midfielder etc. Bernardo's skillset is very clearly best suited in the middle in a pep team and that's where he will end up long term, he just has the greatest player we've ever had in his position at present

Firstly, this has no impact on foden whatsoever.
Secondly, Diaz is talented enough to force his way in and push out a senior player when he's ready, which pep will decide. Chill

And fabian Delph had played his entire career in central midfield, KDB was never a central midfielder etc. Bernardo's skillset is very clearly best suited in the middle in a pep team and that's where he will end up long term, he just has the greatest player we've ever had in his position at present

Kevin De Bruyne played central midfield at Genk and Fabian Delph played LB for Leeds.

Which by the way is fucking irrelevant because what you're saying is a oplayer can't play in the position he's spent his entire career in. It's the equicalent of "Fabian Delph can't play CM" " Kevin De Bruyne can't play as an attacking midfielder" Which is obviously bollocks.

Bernardo Silva has played his entire career out wide.

And by the way, I'm completely in favour of this transfer, but can't stand people being wilfully stupid to try and convince themselves we're in an untenable position without this (likely not to happen) transfer.

Last edited:
What does this actually mean though? Isn't every transfer a case of a club not standing in the way of a player when they receive an acceptable bid?

Surely a gentlemans agreement suggests that they are willing to let him go, for lower than market value, as a thank you for his service/loyalty?
Basically it means... tough shit Mahrez, you don't go unless we get value. Club has always denied knowledge of any such agreement anyway.

Lol @foxedup I'd say that would feel like some kick in the teeth.
You see, people on here scoff at more than £55m... how much do you think we're going to get quoted for a replacement? We got quoted £35m for Deeney two years ago, Palace would probably ask close to £30m for Townsend.... neither of which are fit to lace Mahrez's boots.

We're going to get rinsed, so we need to pass that on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.