Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
weird how our untested and massively inexperienced youngsters go for pretty impressive tranfer fees, yet our first teamers that have won a bucket load of trophies attract insulting offers

I just cannot see City accepting that. 30-40 mil is his market value. Plus his pull in the Muslims world is HUGE. Pay up

Exactly this. They are looking to build the profile of the league, and along with Salah he is the most famous north african footballer around which if anything should inflate the fee over his market value, never mind this apparently derisory offer.

thats fair, but players like mahrez, walker, laporte and bernardo are potential game changers for the team. Could be the difference between europa league or champions league, winning a trophy etc
You would be surprised just how daft a lot of people that run football clubs.

Sam Lee now reporting that alternatives for Mahrez are being looked at... That list cannot be that wide. Gonne be interesting to see who.

Stats and numbers don't support your argument.
I take your point but I'm not talking about his stats - which, as you say, are fairly impressive - rather his personality and how he can be difficult to warm to. I'm not sure we really disagree on his quality as a player which, admittedly, is most important.

He can be very up and down Mahrez but I think overall he's been a great signing for us. His numbers are excellent and his 1st touch is unreal. I'll miss him and I feel like we need to be looking at someone in the 24-27 age bracket as a replacement, someone with experience rather than another project winger.

Sam Lee now reporting that alternatives for Mahrez are being looked at... That list cannot be that wide. Gonne be interesting to see who.

Gnabry, logically he is the winger thats constantly been linked last year and this year. He’s available as well. Champions league winner , bundesliga winner a lot of experience. Perfect replacement in the squad. 28 years of age experienced winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.