Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see Riyad go, he was great for us and always delivered in the big games. I'll miss that first touch and his magical left foot. Hope the board can get us a replacement just as good (not Raphinha).

Has he not won more than Drogba?
Think Drogba won 14 major trophies with Chelsea (4x Premier League, 4x FA Cup, 3x League Cup, 2x Community Shield, 1x Champions League) while Mahrez has 12 across Leicester (1x Premier League) and City (4x Premier League, 2x FA Cup, 3x League Cup, 1x Community Shield, 1x Champions League). Comes down to whether you count the Community Shield as a major trophy - some do, some don't.

Sad day. You have given me so much joy and, God knows, I have defended you the best I could. You'll be loved. Go get those Asian Cup and World Cup for Al-Ahli and another African Cup for beautiful Algeria. So long Riyad.
Do you mean World Club Cup?

Think Drogba won 14 major trophies with Chelsea (4x Premier League, 4x FA Cup, 3x League Cup, 2x Community Shield, 1x Champions League) while Mahrez has 12 across Leicester (1x Premier League) and City (4x Premier League, 2x FA Cup, 3x League Cup, 1x Community Shield, 1x Champions League). Comes down to whether you count the Community Shield as a major trophy - some do, some don't.
I didn’t know Drogba won 4 PL and 4 FA Cup tbh

I've been trying to think of what we need to replace him but suspect Alvarez will help fill the void. Even so young he is a player we can rely on but also something to develop as part of whatever Pep considers to be the best 11 for this season. I expect we'll still fill the gap in the squad but not necessarily with a like for like. Could be MacAtee?
We could pretty much cover that right side with Bernardo if he stays and Foden, so might not necessarily replace him with like for like.

Has he not won more than Drogba?
IMO yes, depends how you look at it.

Both won a CL, Mahrez won the league 5 times to Drogba's 4, Drogba won the FAC 4 times to Mahrez's 2, both won the League 3 times.

For me I'd say that the extra League title was more than worth the 2 FACs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.