Robbie's last game????

It really does amaze me just how fickle some of our supporters are .

This story has come from the press because they have got fuck all else to report and they have not got the ability to make up a half believable story .

Never believe anything that is writtten unless it is on the club website or in the match programme .

"Robinho has the potential to make Manchester city history " those are the words of Mancini and we have to believe what the guvnor says .
All he needs is a bit of confidence and for the fans to get behind him 100%

Craig said:
I'm far from being a Robbie fan but this is when I do feel a little sorry for him.People seem to think it's an attitude thing with him and if he wanted to he could just take
the piss on a consistent basis like a Messi or Ronaldo.He can't he does not have the physical side to his game like they do.If he gets it on the halfway line then 9 times out of ten the other player is stronger and quicker than him so even if he beats him he's not gonna get away from him.If you get it in to him around the edge of the box you see the best of him and you will see moments of genius but unless you're Barca it is hard to do that all the time.That's why yet another manager finds it hard to fit him into a system.This does not mean he does not try or care though,sure he won't run round like Bellers or Tevez but he's not the boneidle sod some like to make out.

Spot on fella, personally i think he needs Ireland and SWP on the pitch with him as he links up really well with them.

What i don't get is, you can't say he needs goals for some confidence, not trying in a game and running about isn't due to lack of confidence, i'm sorry,

Petrov does it to, now is that because of a lack of confidence? no it's not, it's just because that's the way he is, and robinho is a similiar type

When a few of the other players have a bad patch like barry, did we all say he needed goals to make him better? no, barry just got through it and started to become a better player,

were not expecting robinho to run riot everyweek and create miracles but for a player who actually thinks 'i will be the best in the world' well that's just laughable, he's never gonna be the best player in the world, he's a class player but goals isn't the answer, it's him actually thinking he want's to take part and be part of this club and not trott around the pitch for 60 minutes like he couldn't give a toss,

forget how much he cost, a player of his quality alone should be performing alot better, you never see any other player for us get brought on then get subbed, at times his body language is shocking, if he has a bad game or doesn't wanna know then he becomes nothing more than a liability, he's making a dick of himself and letting his own team mates down completely, at everton it was like playing with 10 men with him on the pitch, if he doesn't wanna know then he can go, bollocks all this 'confidence' rubbish,

If he plays at scunny tomorrow and rips them apart then everyone will kiss his arse, it would hardly be suprising if he ripped apart a championship side like scunny, back into the real world of the Premiership and it's different,

the best players in the world don't moan and sulk when there having a bad patch, robinho does and he shows it on the pitch.

Few weeks ago when Robbie jumped in on the Sylvinho interview singing "Come on City" and laughing away people falling over themselves saying how much Robbie looked like he was enjoing life at City.

Tevez started this season similarly... he was given a continuous run in the side and broke through his bad run of form - Robbie has not yet been afforded such luxury.

I don't care if he goes down the tunnel after he's subbed, i don't care if he's not taking Benjani classes and smiling everytime he fucks up or is left out of the starting XI. I don't care if you think he "looks arsey"... because it means fuck all.

Second highest goalscorer in the league last season for a man who "hasn't impressed since his first few games", "isn't suited to the Premier League" and "Doesn't track back".

Its a proper joke all this Robbie bashing, he's far and away good enough to be in any team in the world... the only question is; Does Mancini's setup get the most out a player like Robinho?

That'll determine his future with us, because there's no questioning his talent.

Challenger1978 said:
Craig said:
I'm far from being a Robbie fan but this is when I do feel a little sorry for him.People seem to think it's an attitude thing with him and if he wanted to he could just take
the piss on a consistent basis like a Messi or Ronaldo.He can't he does not have the physical side to his game like they do.If he gets it on the halfway line then 9 times out of ten the other player is stronger and quicker than him so even if he beats him he's not gonna get away from him.If you get it in to him around the edge of the box you see the best of him and you will see moments of genius but unless you're Barca it is hard to do that all the time.That's why yet another manager finds it hard to fit him into a system.This does not mean he does not try or care though,sure he won't run round like Bellers or Tevez but he's not the boneidle sod some like to make out.

Spot on fella, personally i think he needs Ireland and SWP on the pitch with him as he links up really well with them.

They link up well together & Robinho also helps Ireland's game. The thing is though, if he's going to stay at City he has to start producing fairly quickly as we don't have the time to wait. We've just sacked a manager for being a couple of points behind schedule, we won't be waiting forever on Robinho.

I've defended him to the hilt only because I thought that criticising any player to this extent, making such a big deal about one player, was a mistake. it's unhelpful to the others to have to read such negativity about one of our team.... to know that whatever happens, he will always overshadow them.

All I ever wanted was for Mancini to have the opportunity to make his own mind up. If his judgement is that we would be better off without, I'm not going to argue with him.

Freestyler said:
What i don't get is, you can't say he needs goals for some confidence, not trying in a game and running about isn't due to lack of confidence, i'm sorry,

Petrov does it to, now is that because of a lack of confidence? no it's not, it's just because that's the way he is, and robinho is a similiar type

When a few of the other players have a bad patch like barry, did we all say he needed goals to make him better? no, barry just got through it and started to become a better player,

were not expecting robinho to run riot everyweek and create miracles but for a player who actually thinks 'i will be the best in the world' well that's just laughable, he's never gonna be the best player in the world, he's a class player but goals isn't the answer, it's him actually thinking he want's to take part and be part of this club and not trott around the pitch for 60 minutes like he couldn't give a toss,

forget how much he cost, a player of his quality alone should be performing alot better, you never see any other player for us get brought on then get subbed, at times his body language is shocking, if he has a bad game or doesn't wanna know then he becomes nothing more than a liability, he's making a dick of himself and letting his own team mates down completely, at everton it was like playing with 10 men with him on the pitch, if he doesn't wanna know then he can go, bollocks all this 'confidence' rubbish,

If he plays at scunny tomorrow and rips them apart then everyone will kiss his arse, it would hardly be suprising if he ripped apart a championship side like scunny, back into the real world of the Premiership and it's different,

the best players in the world don't moan and sulk when there having a bad patch, robinho does and he shows it on the pitch.
This is what i don't get though. He does run and he chases back just as much as the likes of Arshavin, Benayoun, Young, Modric etc and every bit as much as every other famous number 10 throughout history - Del piero, Rivaldo...even players like Aguero who 90% of the posters on here cream over.

His job is to set up goals and score goals. He did that last season more effectively than any playern in our team and more effectively than all but 3 of the rest of the players in the league. This season he hasn't been fit.

Shame for Robbie, as he falls into the Berbatov body language class whcih when you weigh it up, means fuck all, considering Berbatov covers just as much grass as the likes of Rooney, tevez and Bellamy. i'd love to see a stat for robinho. I bet it isn't much different.

Del Piero played right back for Italy when needed to, he would put in a shift (10 men v Netherlands 2000), Robinho would be the first player taken off.

3 Goals in 2009 tells its own story.

He is a marketing decoration these days.

Like the McManaman poster the Liverpool fans did for him:

Sub at Real
Sub at City

Sub under Hughes
Sub under Mancini

ono said:
Freestyler said:

This is what i don't get though. He does run and he chases back just as much as the likes of Arshavin, Benayoun, Young, Modric etc and every bit as much as every other famous number 10 throughout history - Del piero, Rivaldo...even players like Aguero who 90% of the posters on here cream over.

His job is to set up goals and score goals. He did that last season more effectively than any playern in our team and more effectively than all but 3 of the rest of the players in the league. This season he hasn't been fit.

Shame for Robbie, as he falls into the Berbatov body language class whcih when you weigh it up, means fuck all, considering Berbatov covers just as much grass as the likes of Rooney, tevez and Bellamy. i'd love to see a stat for robinho. I bet it isn't much different.

He is what he is. He was the same player when we signed him. He can be very useful to us if we get him playing with some confidence & use him as and when it suits us rather than expecting him to change hugely or building a team round him as some morons were suggesting when Hughes was here. He's not Lionel Messi & never will be but he comes up with some fantastic moves which others don't think of. At the moment he's struggling for form & not worth a place but if he finds it, there won't be so many questions about his usefulness.

hope he stays as he is a class act. too many fans are being spoon fed shite from the media instead of formulating their own opinions.

he is not going to put in a shift like bellamy does, but he will produce moments of sheer quality if supplied the ball in the right areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.