Roberto publicly criticizing players...

BillyShears said:
Have a listen to the interview:

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9428455.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 428455.stm</a>

He won't be the squad for Sunday according to the manager. If that's not hanging a player out to dry I don't know what is...
Balotelli's dismissal annoyed City manager Mancini

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says Mario Balotelli is unlikely to face Chelsea on Sunday after he was shown a red card against Dynamo Kiev.

The striker was sent off during the Europa League last-16 second-leg tie for a late challenge on Goran Popov as City won 1-0 but lost 2-1 on aggregate.

"I don't think he'll be in the squad," Mancini said of the 20-year-old.

"I don't know if it was a red card or a yellow card, but when you play a game like this you should pay attention."

Mancini added: "Mario thinks he could be a fantastic player. When he does something stupid like that, it's difficult for me."

Italy international Balotelli, who was also sent off against West Bromwich Albion in November, was shown a straight red by referee Cuneyt Cakir after he appeared to thrust his boot into the body of defender Popov.

"I didn't see the foul properly but I am very disappointed because in a game like this it is very difficult if you pick up a red card, and you can pick up a red card for doing something stupid," said Mancini.

City midfielder Nigel de Jong said his controversial young team-mate needs to change his mentality.

"He is a young boy of 20 and he has to learn from his mistakes," said the Dutch international. "I told him. Everyone told him. He is still part of the squad and has a lot of potential. He is a very good player but has to realise, on a professional level, you sometimes have to change your mentality.

"We are there to help him, not to criticise him or blast him away. He has experienced guys around him and has to listen to them. After the game he was angry and he was disappointed

"Sometimes you make mistakes and Mario made his mistake. But he will get everything straight again."

Aleksandar Kolarov did give City the lead in the 39th minute, three minutes after Balotelli left the pitch, but they could not find a second as the stubborn Kiev defence clung on.

"If it stays 11 versus 11, we would have probably scored two or three goals," added the Italian boss. "We deserved another goal. We played a fantastic game with 10 players."

Another frustration for Mancini was what he deemed as time-wasting tactics by Kiev.

"It happened every time they dived and every time the referee saw it," he stated.

Defender Vincent Kompany said it became difficult for City when they were reduced to 10 men.

"We're disappointed," commented the Belgian. "From the first minute we had the feeling it could happen tonight but as soon as we were down to 10 men it became a very, very difficult game.

"It's difficult for me to comment on the action (red card) because I've not seen it. But regardless of who it was, we're down to 10 men and it's a difficult game."

Bobby doesn't think Mario will be in the squad but you say he won't be. There is a significant difference.

Gelsons Dad said:
BillyShears said:
Have a listen to the interview:

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9428455.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 428455.stm</a>

He won't be the squad for Sunday according to the manager. If that's not hanging a player out to dry I don't know what is...
Balotelli's dismissal annoyed City manager Mancini

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says Mario Balotelli is unlikely to face Chelsea on Sunday after he was shown a red card against Dynamo Kiev.

The striker was sent off during the Europa League last-16 second-leg tie for a late challenge on Goran Popov as City won 1-0 but lost 2-1 on aggregate.

"I don't think he'll be in the squad," Mancini said of the 20-year-old.

"I don't know if it was a red card or a yellow card, but when you play a game like this you should pay attention."

Mancini added: "Mario thinks he could be a fantastic player. When he does something stupid like that, it's difficult for me."

Italy international Balotelli, who was also sent off against West Bromwich Albion in November, was shown a straight red by referee Cuneyt Cakir after he appeared to thrust his boot into the body of defender Popov.

"I didn't see the foul properly but I am very disappointed because in a game like this it is very difficult if you pick up a red card, and you can pick up a red card for doing something stupid," said Mancini.

City midfielder Nigel de Jong said his controversial young team-mate needs to change his mentality.

"He is a young boy of 20 and he has to learn from his mistakes," said the Dutch international. "I told him. Everyone told him. He is still part of the squad and has a lot of potential. He is a very good player but has to realise, on a professional level, you sometimes have to change your mentality.

"We are there to help him, not to criticise him or blast him away. He has experienced guys around him and has to listen to them. After the game he was angry and he was disappointed

"Sometimes you make mistakes and Mario made his mistake. But he will get everything straight again."

Aleksandar Kolarov did give City the lead in the 39th minute, three minutes after Balotelli left the pitch, but they could not find a second as the stubborn Kiev defence clung on.

"If it stays 11 versus 11, we would have probably scored two or three goals," added the Italian boss. "We deserved another goal. We played a fantastic game with 10 players."

Another frustration for Mancini was what he deemed as time-wasting tactics by Kiev.

"It happened every time they dived and every time the referee saw it," he stated.

Defender Vincent Kompany said it became difficult for City when they were reduced to 10 men.

"We're disappointed," commented the Belgian. "From the first minute we had the feeling it could happen tonight but as soon as we were down to 10 men it became a very, very difficult game.

"It's difficult for me to comment on the action (red card) because I've not seen it. But regardless of who it was, we're down to 10 men and it's a difficult game."

Bobby doesn't think Mario will be in the squad but you say he won't be. There is a significant difference.

r9324m.jpg

BillyShears said:
Just to be clear what sticks in my throat today ( and did last night too ) is the "he won't be in the squad Sunday" comment. If it turns out he isn't then furious won't even cut it for me. The absolute zenith of pure unadulterated stupidity. I hate to say it, but we shipped out two 'problem' players, and we're now going to drop the 'problem' player Mancini brought in to replace one of those 'problem' players. It's a fucking joke and a shambles if that's what happens.

Having said all that, if he starts Sunday, or is on the bench, then I'll happily retract the above and apologize for it...

Why should you apologise ?? it clearly states in that clip and i quote " i dont think he will be in the squad sunday"..

No offense, Billy, but you're one of a very few that doesn't want Balotelli dropped for Chelsea.

I think he was right to criticize him and say he probably cost us the game but wrong to say he may not be in the squad on Sunday, he should just leave it until Sunday and drop him.

BillyShears said:
Just to be clear what sticks in my throat today ( and did last night too ) is the "he won't be in the squad Sunday" comment. If it turns out he isn't then furious won't even cut it for me. The absolute zenith of pure unadulterated stupidity. I hate to say it, but we shipped out two 'problem' players, and we're now going to drop the 'problem' player Mancini brought in to replace one of those 'problem' players. It's a fucking joke and a shambles if that's what happens.

Having said all that, if he starts Sunday, or is on the bench, then I'll happily retract the above and apologize for it...

It's only football. It's not as if you've just been anally raped...

ElanJo said:
BillyShears said:

It's only football. It's not as if you've just been anally raped...

LOL...fair enough. I'll be very pissed off....how's that?

samharris said:
BillyShears said:

Fancy shipping out players who were a bit of trouble off the pitch(who the manager couldnt handle) and bringing in one who is more trouble than the 2 put together both on and off the pitch.And it seems he can't handle him either.

I'm with Billy re: Balotelli, if he isn't even in the squad on Sunday that tells me a lot about how the management is made up here. The lad has apologized not only to us but his teammates, and whilst his committment is questionable in the eyes of most, his talent is not.

Chelsea away is one of the hardest games on the schedule, regardless of us thrashing them last season. 4 goals at the Bridge is a one-off.

To win this game you have to bring your best players. Balo is one of them.

Put it this way, assuming he doesn't start and we are down 1-0 or 2-1 in the 70th minute, in dire need of a goal, who would you want to bring on instead?

Milner? I like him but pushing for goals is not in his game.
SWP? Maybe 6 years ago.
Jo? Lol
AJ? He can create and stretch the pitch, but who will finish?

Quite frankly, I'd be more mad if he isn't named in the 18 than if we got stuffed.

I'm sick of managers not seeing things, sticking up for players when they transgress, slating referees etc.etc.
What happened to honesty in the game regardless of whether a player is right or wrong,
These players are in a privalged position earning vast amounts of money something most of us would die for yet they lord about as if they are the chosen ones.
Balotelli is a loose canon and maybe if the manager and other players tell him so he will get the message. if not there's no hope for him.
So Mancini didn't stand up for him. so what?
As for being left out on Sunday well he deserves it.
Because bacon face doesn't slag his players doesn't make him right.
Lets have a bit of honesty. If Mancini slag his players lets support him unless its unjustified.
The manager runs the team not the players. Whilst he is our manager I will support him as I will with every manager of City. I dont always agree with them but if they are doing their best for the club then so will I.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.