robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: robin van persie

It won't be at Juventus with their coach being under investigation for alleged match fixing.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Blue_Rossy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The signs are very positive now.

Just asking mate, what signs are we talking about.. Not disrespecting you or anything, but can you shed some light as to why you think the "signs" are very positive?

On another note, the Juve thing isnt the Italian league all up in arms over match fixing again? There league is bent as anything, so im hoping that wold swing him our way. I would love to see aguero and RVP upfront.

Despite what has been leaked out of Arsenal, they have not offered him a new contract.

Certain things seem to be falling into place and all positive.

Hopefully this turns out like your Hazard information.

Scotland_WC2010 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Blue_Rossy said:
Just asking mate, what signs are we talking about.. Not disrespecting you or anything, but can you shed some light as to why you think the "signs" are very positive?

On another note, the Juve thing isnt the Italian league all up in arms over match fixing again? There league is bent as anything, so im hoping that wold swing him our way. I would love to see aguero and RVP upfront.

Despite what has been leaked out of Arsenal, they have not offered him a new contract.

He does get things right as well.

Bluemooner33 said:
_________________HART______________
RICHARDS__KOMPANY__LESCOTT__CLICHY
____________YAYA_____MARTINEZ______
_____SILVA_______RVP_______NASRI____
________________AGUERO______________

= Real Madrid quality

IF you put in 'the other' Silva for Lescott maybe..................also, isnt RVP a centre forward? Perhaps Tevez,Silva and aguero behind RVP? Certainly Nasri wouldnt get into the Real Madrid team either....................

Scotland_WC2010 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Blue_Rossy said:

You a gooner then mate?

richards30 said:
Scotland_WC2010 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

You a gooner then mate?

Or just plain ignorant?

richards30 said:
How seriously can people not want rvp at city??? He's fantastic!! If he scores over 30 goals for the arse think that he would do in our team??
He is fantastic, but I prefer Aguero, and his best partner would be Tevez.

At Arsenal, RVP was their spearhead and focal point. If City signed, he would not be.

Find it a bit worrying that we are thinking if tinkering with the very best aspect of our team which is the forward play. Hazard was a dumb deal, and I'm glad that fell through. Hopefully this will too.

If someone like Robben became available, I'd go for them, or martinez, but not a centre-forward. We already have the best forward line in Europe so why spend Millions putting FFP at risk in an area where we don't need it

Last season we were top scorers, and we missed Tevez for nearly the whole season, and it was Agueros first season. There's significant improvement to come.

We'd be much better off looking at strengthening the full back or centre-back positions. That's where we could improve. And if a star player becomes available we should look at it, but only if they are better than what we have. I don't see RVP as better than Aguero, or Tevez. Maybe better than Dzeko or Mario, but they are useful in that they are different to Aguero and Tevez

OB1 said:
richards30 said:
Scotland_WC2010 said:
You a gooner then mate?

Or just plain ignorant?

Or just the opposite. Maybe he understands the fact that a striker is far from what we need and Van Persie has had 1 full season without injury and that we already have two strikers (Tevez, Aguero) who are the same type of players. Plus he's 28 going to be 29 at the beginning of the season. There is no point in buying Robin Van Persie.

BobbyQ90 said:
OB1 said:
richards30 said:
You a gooner then mate?

Or just plain ignorant?

Or just the opposite. Maybe he understands the fact that a striker is far from what we need and Van Persie has had 1 full season without injury and that we already have two strikers (Tevez, Aguero) who are the same type of players. Plus he's 28 going to be 29 at the beginning of the season. There is no point in buying Robin Van Persie.
Exactly my feelings. We might be targeting some outstanding players, but I wonder whether these players are better than what we have. So far the players we are in for, do not represent a step forward unlike previous transfer windows.

As the team improves each year, it's natural that it will get harder to improve on what we have. I wish we would sit tight and wait, if necessary for the whole season, rather than bidding for the best player at any particular moment in time. There's no rush any more.

Last season Barca as far as I an remember bought 1 player. Why should we bid right left and centre for players that don't add anything to us, (and arguably would weaken us as it would mean departures)

Why did Bobby say we don't need more strikers if all this is afoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.