robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: robin van persie

SamTheGuru said:
So basically you are back handedly agreeing with my original statement.

Not exactly: I don't profess to know what City can afford to spend without committing FFP suicide. I agree that buying RvP and doing nothing else might cause a problem in that regard but I do hold the opinion that City can afford a net outflow of tens of millions this summer so if they only bought RvP and sold no one, maybe the figures would work; I can't be bothered to attempt to work that out. However, I have no doubt that City will both buy and sell and that, if they intend to be compliant, they will balance the books accordingly. Given that the likelihood of City's only transfer activity being to buy RvP, I am bemused as to why you would make the statement that you did.

My point, for the avoidance of doubt, is that City are not stupid enough to commit FFP suicide by buying RvP and I think that they are very interested in buying him.

I think RVP is a truly great player, he's a proven goalscorer and the number of assists he provides is awesome. However given figures being talked about $25M and £200K+ per week then i'd much rather Falcoa and given his age (hence resale value) i think he would be the much cheaper option and could surpass rvp in quality.

However TBH what we really need is to strengthen our squad not add a striker, our first team is awesome but our strength in depth in certain positions isn't great, so backup in centre of defence and for merlin (modric) then add some width (Bale to switch to a plan b) and we're sorted. We are the champions and we need to recruiter better than we have (not easy) or get quality players willing to sit on the bench (again not easy), then replace if player leave.

I am happy that we taking things easy and poking for the right moves not the obvious moves!!

skyblue_brother said:
I think RVP is a truly great player, he's a proven goalscorer and the number of assists he provides is awesome. However given figures being talked about $25M and £200K+ per week then i'd much rather Falcoa and given his age (hence resale value) i think he would be the much cheaper option and could surpass rvp in quality.

However TBH what we really need is to strengthen our squad not add a striker, our first team is awesome but our strength in depth in certain positions isn't great, so backup in centre of defence and for merlin (modric) then add some width (Bale to switch to a plan b) and we're sorted. We are the champions and we need to recruiter better than we have (not easy) or get quality players willing to sit on the bench (again not easy), then replace if player leave.

I am happy that we taking things easy and poking for the right moves not the obvious moves!!

Agreed Aguero, Tevez & Balo are class players, but dzeko offers a different type of movement and a aerial threat. If he goes then we do need another option upfront,

If he stays then I will be happy, I would then be happy with Martinez, Bale and Sneijder

so his dad has said its impossible for rvp to go to another english club, link is on our website:

@MCFC: READ ALL ABOUT IT: Robin van Persie's father rules out City move...
<a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/9OU4xUWW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/9OU4xUWW</a>

Was listening to the SportsBar or TalkSport last night and there was an interview with a Holland representative talking about the Euros etc.. He says that he knows people very close to RVP and states that he will not be at the Gunners next year however he will remain in the Premier League for sure with Man City being the destination. He says he cannot quote his sources due to legallity reasons but assured everybody RVP will leave this Summer.

Put it this way, if RVP was staying he would of signed a contract by now leaving him to get on with the Euros and this thing with his Father stating he won't leave etc is just a smokescreen to leave the media off his Son whilst he gets on with the Euros.

According to his dad he has ruled everyone else out as well including Barca because of the Messi factor and RM where he thinks the players are individuals rather than a team. Seems to me he is cutting down on his options Juventus or the Milan clubs. Little bit like Henry not going to another prem league club.

Rammyblues said:
According to his dad he has ruled everyone else out as well including Barca because of the Messi factor and RM where he thinks the players are individuals rather than a team. Seems to me he is cutting down on his options Juventus or the Milan clubs. Little bit like Henry not going to another prem league club.

Its not mate, in my opinion if I was in the postion RVP is in my Dad would do the same - diverting the media of his son so he can focus on the Euros.

There are only 2 clubs who can pay Van Persies wage demands and thats Real Madrid and City - Mourinho is happy with Madrid attack, who would'nt - we looking like we going to lose Dzeko.

RVP can win just as many trophies with us than with any other top club in Europe!

Rammyblues said:

I dont understand why top players would want to go to Italy where the games are fixed!

I was just taking his dads words at face value, similarly his wife stated she was happy in London and his kids were settled. Taken at face value he should be signing up for Arsenal again, but hasn't done.

If RVP wants to win things in a top league and be involved in the champions league then his choices are limited either he stays in the premier league with His current club or move to either City who can afford his wages and fee
Chelsea who also have no problem with fee or wages but doubtful due to being a London club and already have Hazard and sorting a deal for Hulk
Utd they could pay wages and fee but Wenger would never sell him to Fergie
And that only leaves either Barca or Real and both are over stocked with strikers
So his choices of clubs are very limited and with all the scandel in Italy can't see him moving there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.