robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Balo and Tevez are hardly reliable to be on the pitch let alone regularly score!

Let's not forget, this is only the first season at the age of 28 where he has not been regularly injured!

SamTheGuru said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Balo and Tevez are hardly reliable to be on the pitch let alone regularly score!

Let's not forget, this is only the first season at the age of 28 where he has not been regularly injured!

Yep agreed but he is hardly going to be overplayed at our club and if he picks up a niggle we have plenty of quality cover

Re: robin van persie

BlueMoonz1977 said:
HART
RICHARDS KOMPANY LESCOTT CLICHY
YAYA MARTINEZ
SILVA BALE
AGUERO
HUNTELAAR
SUBS: Pant, Barry, Zaba, Sneijder, Balo, Tevez, Nasri

I'd be happy with this...but doubt it will happen
You are quite right that it won't happen, Newbie. For a start, Dzeko is much better than Huntelaar. Secondly, Nasri will rarely start on the bench. Thirdly, we won't be signing Sneijder. Finally, Milner and De Jong will still be around next season and good job too. You really don't have a clue.

SamTheGuru said:
OB1 said:

That may have already been taken into account on recent aquisitions such as Aguero. The truth is, none of us really know where we stand with regards to ffp and what revenue the club is projecting.

Me personally? I see no need to take the gamble.

You've just made it clear that you don't actually know if this would be a gamble in respect of FFP. It appears highly likely that City are very interested in RvP and therefore there's a pretty good chance that their calculations see him as affordable under FFP. Logical, really.

So, you wouldn't keep your options open in the same situation with 3 months of transfer window to go. You wouldn't try to get a deal in place for a top class replacement with it being highly likely that Bayern are very interested in Dzeko. Logical, really.

Real life isn't football manager where you submit a bid one day and the player signs the next day (with the obvious exceptions). They are long drawn out commercial affairs.[/quote]

None of what you just posted supports the idea that RvP would cause City a problem with FFP. There's no point in the club pursuing options that they cannot "afford".

OB1 said:
None of what you just posted supports the idea that RvP would cause City a problem with FFP. There's no point in the club pursuing options that they cannot "afford".

What are you on about? I was "trying" to imply that we are more than likely exploring options.

If we sold Dzeko for say £24m then this would massively reduce the ffp blow signing RVP would cause.

£24m over 3 years remaining = +£8m a year
Assume 130k/week = +6.8m a year

Total +£14.6m a year

RVP @ £20m 4 year contract = -£5m a year
Assume 200k/week = -£10.4m a year

Total = -£15.4m

Year 1 = -£0.8m
Year 2 = -£0.8m
Year 3 = -£0.8m
Year 4 = -£5.8m (Assuming increased revenue by this point anyway)

See how it suddenly becomes more affordable with regards to ffp?

SamTheGuru said:
OB1 said:

What are you on about? I was "trying" to imply that we are more than likely exploring options.

If we sold Dzeko for say £24m then this would massively reduce the ffp blow signing RVP would cause.

Total +£14.6m a year

Total = -£15.4m

Year 1 = -£0.8m
Year 2 = -£0.8m
Year 3 = -£0.8m

If RVP allows us to go DEEP in the CL....none of this matters. The CL income is all that counts. If we regularly are in semis and finals we will get more than enough cash to cover this kind of transfer. That said, sign Falcao.

SamTheGuru said:
OB1 said:

Total +£14.6m a year

Total = -£15.4m

Year 1 = -£0.8m
Year 2 = -£0.8m
Year 3 = -£0.8m

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't pick up the fact that you thought we might sign RvP and not get rid of one of our four main strikers; an idea so stupid that I mistook what you meant by "as it stands", which I took to mean as the rules currently stand.

And FYI, I don't need any help with financial calculations from anyone on this forum.

OB1 said:
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't pick up the fact that you thought we might sign RvP and not get rid of one of our four main strikers; an idea so stupid that I mistook what you meant by "as it stands", which I took to mean as the rules currently stand.

And FYI, I don't need any help with financial calculations from anyone on this forum.

The Force is strong with this one.

Daily Mail reporting that RVPs' dad said that he isn't going to a premier league club. I hope its true, never been a big fan of him personally.

OB1 said:
SamTheGuru said:
OB1 said:

Total +£14.6m a year

Total = -£15.4m

Year 1 = -£0.8m
Year 2 = -£0.8m
Year 3 = -£0.8m

So basically you are back handedly agreeing with my original statement. Geeze. Wrong time of the month or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.