AGUERO

HUNTELAAR

SUBS: Pant, Barry, Zaba, Sneijder, Balo, Tevez, Nasri

I'd be happy with this...but doubt it will happen

Re: robin van persie

SamTheGuru said:
leewill31 said:
SamTheGuru said:
Apply your brain ffs, it was hypothetical.

The fact is that £15m+ per year is a major hit to balancing the books, especially for a player with little to no sell on value.

forgetting the sell on value id say its worth the gamble bringing in such a player as to where he could take the team champions league winners in the next 2 years with van persie? i make that over 70 million in revenue may just be a gamble worth taking if mancini feels he is one of the missing pieces!

That may have already been taken into account on recent aquisitions such as Aguero. The truth is, none of us really know where we stand with regards to ffp and what revenue the club is projecting.

Me personally? I see no need to take the gamble.

Aguero and Tevez (for all his sins) are top, top drawer players. Is there really a need to bring in RVP at such a cost? Mario could become a world beater this year. Striker-wise, I would ship out Dzeko and look to involve Guidetti and concentrate on strengthening the midfield by going all out for another player in the mould of Yaya (if there is such a player in the world).

Agree with this post

That may have already been taken into account on recent aquisitions such as Aguero. The truth is, none of us really know where we stand with regards to ffp and what revenue the club is projecting.

[/quote]

You've just made it clear that you don't actually know if this would be a gamble in respect of FFP. It appears highly likely that City are very interested in RvP and therefore there's a pretty good chance that their calculations see him as affordable under FFP. Logical, really.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
HART
RICHARDS KOMPANY LESCOTT CLICHY

YAYA MARTINEZ

SILVA BALE

AGUERO

HUNTELAAR

Wow, how attacking is that bench?

BlueMoonz1977 said:
HART
RICHARDS KOMPANY LESCOTT CLICHY

YAYA MARTINEZ

SILVA BALE

AGUERO

HUNTELAAR

I love Huntelaar but he'd have exactly the same problems as Dzeko in our system, he probably leaves the box less than anyone except Gomez and when he was pushed further wide at Milan did not look in his element. Huntelaar would be the perfect signing for Spurs but I doubt he would go there.

OB1 said:

You've just made it clear that you don't actually know if this would be a gamble in respect of FFP. It appears highly likely that City are very interested in RvP and therefore there's a pretty good chance that their calculations see him as affordable under FFP. Logical, really.[/quote]

So, you wouldn't keep your options open in the same situation with 3 months of transfer window to go. You wouldn't try to get a deal in place for a top class replacement with it being highly likely that Bayern are very interested in Dzeko. Logical, really.

Real life isn't football manager where you submit a bid one day and the player signs the next day (with the obvious exceptions). They are long drawn out commercial affairs.

Really dont understand how anyone could object to the possible signing of RVP.
Proven premiership goal scorer who consistently scores no matter how good or bad the rest of his team plays!
How many of our current strikers do that?
Dzeko has spells but when he doesnt have a run of games his first touch deserts him! Auguero misses some sitters and then scores some crackers and Balo and Tevez are hardly reliable to be on the pitch let alone regularly score!
RVP scores no matter what!!

skybluecelt1990 said:
Neville Kneville said:
His dad is quoted as saying it would be 'impossible' for him to sign for another English club.

Link?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120608/fc-barcelona/barca-van-persie-arsenal-fichajes-messi-real-madrid_54309920594.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120608/ ... 20594.html</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.